Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=18917032'>posted</a> on 06/14/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by OZnBa Fan View Post
hey lads firstly id like to say sorry if what I write does not make sense as im a plumber and I barley know how to use a laptop let alone have good punctuation I just type as I think. My thoughts on tonights game which is carlton vs hawthorn.... Tonight's game is interesting for me as I believe that that yes the hawks will get the job done but are carlton a chance? Well here a is what I am taking into consideration that carlton under mick malthouse are completely different side then the last few years what you will get from his game plan is effort and good tackling pressure around the ball and a structure that holds up.. but does it hold up for 4qtrs? well that's the big question mark so far as we saw last week carlton dominated the first half and Essendon really did not have any answers to the domination they were experiencing and personally for me carlton just about played there best half of footy for the year and should have never lost that game but where the issue lies for carlton is there game plan is based on pushing numbers up the ground when they are fwd of centre and trying to lock the ball in there fifty but when u turn the ball over they are very venerable on the counter, 1 thing carlton have managed to do in there 1st halves is they have been able to get back and defend but with the constant running back and forth they havet been able to sustain it for 4 qtrs and generally there opponents haven been cutting them up through the corridor or finding space which results in easy goals you cant afford to do this against a very good and well coached hawthorn team.. For carlton tonight this is the most testing month of football that they will experience this year, Essendon last week (loss) hawthorn, Sydney then the pies so I expect carlton to throw everything at the hawks tonight playing with nothing to lose, its also chris judds 250th game and the respect for this man internally of the club is enormous and no doubt in my mind I know the players will play for this champion that he has been since he has arrived at the club. So I pose these questions.. do I think hawthorn will win? yes I do.. can can carlton win? they are a very slight chance at best, can they cover the 26.5 margin? yes they defiantly can as there biggest losing margin is only 17 pts for the season, one other thing to take into account is that the hawks haven't really out in a solid 4 qtr performance all year in exception of the Sydney game, they beat Collingwood by 11 goals but there 1st half was ordinary. gold coast where they were trailing at half time and they were even equal with Melbourne at qtr time who we all know are toilet.. before I keep rabbling on tonight my concern is carltons winning form at Etihad which is 35% which is not good, hawthorn don't play there that often which may be a bonus for carlton, hawks are coming off games against GWS, Gold coast, Melbourne and they bye so they really haven't had a good hit out against a half decent opponent for a few weeks my plays for this game is CARLTON +26.5 (luxbet)1.5*, carlton +13.5 half time (luxbet) 1*, under 202.5 1* (bet365) and wire to wire any other result 1* (centrebet) GL ALL
carlton +26.5 $$
Carlton +13.5 half time $$
under 202.5 $$
wire to wire $$
up +4.5 units 4-0