Originally posted on 06/05/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by ticklz View Post
There have been eight teams to sweep their rivals in the NBA Finals. It happened in the following years:

• 2006-07 San Antonio Spurs 4-0 Cleveland Cavaliers
  • 2001-02 Los Angeles Lakers 4-0 New Jersey Nets
  • 1994-95 Houston Rockets 4-0 Orlando Magic
  • 1988-89 Detroit Pistons 4-0 Los Angeles Lakers
  • 1982-83 Philadelphia 76ers 4-0 Los Angeles Lakers
  • 1974-75 Golden State Warriors 4-0 Washington Bullets
  • 1970-71 Milwaukee Bucks 4-0 Baltimore Bullets
  • 1958-59 Boston Celtics 4-0 Minneapolis Lakers

i dont know if 7-1 is high enough to take a shot
I forgot about the Spurs beating LeBron in 06-07 for the title. LeBron wants revenge?

For the record: Absolutely zero chance the Heat sweep.

1. Spurs guard play is much better than the Heats. I do agree that Wade can turn it on when he needs to but he is still operating at 60 - 75% tops. He will be guarded by either Tony Parker or Danny Green who were both able to shut down the more dangerous Steph Curry. They wore Steph out with screens and tons of ball rotation which will wear on Wade over the series and frustrate him. Chalmers and Cole are non-factors as far as I am concerned. Chalmers' floater lay-ups are sporadic and only hit when he's on which isn't often. The Spurs space the floor so well and have dribble penetration kick out dialed in as well as a fierce pick and roll game that is effective with a multitude of PG+PF/C combinations. The Spurs perimeter game is more fluent because of the issues they cause down low which leads to opens threes which virtually any guard, or center (Bonner) can hit.

2. The Spurs bigs are a greater presence than Indiana's big men. Tim Duncan has been playing fantastic ball in the post and can guard Miami's Center and help on the driver without any issues. Tiago, Diaw and even Bonner have proven that they are able to handle their own in the post. LeBron's drive is nasty and his dish out of the paint are insane, but I don't think it's enough when their three point shooting squad has fallen off the face of the earth this playoff series.

3. LeBron James: We all know what he's capable and who he is. We all know how he can ignite an offence or defense but will he be able to out coach veterans on the court like Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu? They have an ever omniscient presence of what needs to be happening on the court and how to react to certain sets. What Tom Thibedeau and the Chicago bulls did to Miami the games that they beat them is reason enough to believe that the Miami Heat is very vulnerable to a well operated fundamental basketball system. Popovich has better players than the beat up Bulls who almost took Miami, he has very solid players at every position with a deep deep bench, and he has control over his team which is something which will be crucial in tight games. LeBron ISO won't be half as efficient as it was in Indiana.

penetrating sweep... Spurs in 6 - 7.