Originally posted on 05/07/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
like all 3
me too...

could we just make'em all POTM for the next three-month period...and be done with it till August

my purpose in this thread was just to elevate "helpfulness" and "usefulness" (ie. the quality of CONTRIBUTION) in the discussion aimed at determining what members are most valuable

...sick of thread-space clutterers getting accolades based almost-entirely on their apparent ability to cultivate "hipness"

all three I mentioned--and lots more as well (each subforum has it's own "go to" guyz) deliver "steak" (in the form of food for thought & action) to us for free on a regular basis...

i thot that by featuring these three very very good (but very very different-in-style) "steak" providers...all the "never fukkin hear of ya' pal"-type side-banter and posturing (what I call "sizzle") might get put into proper perspective...

it seemed to me that POTM was becoming a "hippest dude" competition...rather than recognition for being the forum's "most valuable contributor" MVC (I definitely prefer the word contributor to poster)...remember frizelli?...guy had 13k-or-so posts...but i don't remember one being a contribution in any way

these three (and many others) are definitely valuable contributors...as for who's the hippest dude, I don't give a rat's ass who's in the running there...but the two domains should be considered separately