Originally posted on 04/07/2013:

On Monday Night millions will get to witness a terrific match-up. You've got the #1 Offensive team in the country in Michigan scoring 1.22 points per possession going against the #1 Defensive team in Louisville allowing only .82 points per possession. Louisville thrives off turnovers, as they have forced a turnover on 27% of their opponents possessions. Michigan takes care of the ball better than anyone in the country only giving it up around 14%.

Both coaches are great friends and have coached against each in some big games already. I remember we were down to 20 to Kevin Pittsnoggle's WVU team (lead by John Beilein) @ the half and came back to win. I believe that game was in the elite 8. I also remember beating WVU in the Big East Tournament in double OT a few years back.

Trey Burke is hands down the best player in the country, the kid is already so polished and lives for the big shot. I mean the comeback against rockchalk speaks for itself. Looking at the box score you might say he had a bad game against the Orange going 1-8 from the floor, scoring only 7 points. But he did an excellent job getting the ball inside and setting up his teammates. He handled Syracuse's press with no problem late in the game and knocked down some big Free Throws. His stat line last night ( 7 points, 5, boards, 4 assists, 3 steals, and only 1 Turnover) mirrors several games from Peyton Siva. These Point Guards are leaders of their teams and do it in so many ways.

Russ Smith Clearly had some nerves early in the semifinal game missing his first 4 foul shots, where he has been automatic all season long. He just doesn't stop attacking the defense, I would love to see a stat on which players have drawn the most fouls this season as I promise you he will be near the top. I believe he gets to the line about 7 times per contest. Now, Louisville doesn't play a lot of man, but he'll be at a size disadvantage going against Tim Hardaway Jr (6'6). Hardaway does such a great job letting the game come to him and allowing Burke to free him up for open looks.

The difference in this game could come in the frontcourt where we have Gorgui Deing playing his last collegiate game going against Mitch McGary who has exploded in this tournament. He shut down Jeff Withey in the last 5 minutes of that Kansas game and has been the biggest reason that the Wolverines are playing for the chance to win it all.

Every positional matchup in this game is going to be fun to watch, I didn't even talk about Robinson vs Behannon and Blackshear/Hancook vs Stauskas.

What I think Michigan can do well is to make our bigs play on the perimeter more than they'd like too. When Burke penetrates he has Stauskas in the left corner and Hardaway in the right, with Robinson slashing and when Dieng goes for the block that will leave an easy dish to McGary.

For Louisville to win they have to dominate the paint. Gorgui, Chane, and Montrezl have to be assertive early and often. Get their bigs in foul trouble, I mean they have several moves inside, Pitino needs to force the issue and they need demand the rock. I promise you one thing if Dieng's Stat line reads 0/1 FG like it did yesterday, Michigan will be cutting down the nets.

For Michigan to win they have to defend the Pick and Roll well. Wichita St's performance against the P & R was the best I've seen against us all year long. It was really special gameplanning from Gregg Marshall. However he did have close to a week to prepare, as opposed to the 1 rest day Beilein will have.

Louisville has the edge inside and on the glass which will be the difference in this spectacular matchup.

We truly have the best 2 teams in the country playing Monday Night for the 2013 National Championship.

GO CARDS!