Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

"Fly Me" .... Blunts,Booties,Boobies

Toronto Blue Jays

Over
    /Under 89 wins

I was torn between taking this over or the Royals over. In the end this is the team I chose.
    I guess you could say im buying the hype of this major overhaul the Blue Jays did in the offseason.
    The main reason i bought into it is because they got all these players and gave up hardly anything
    that would of helped them during this 2013 season. Not sayin the young talent they gave up will not be solid MLB contributors in the future... its just that my whole arousal of the Jays centers around
    this particular season starting tomorrow.

The overhaul is both on offense and pitching as 3/5 of the rotation includes new faces.
    Of course that would be the Cy Young winner Dickey,innings eater Buehrle, and the
    question mark Josh Johnson. I say question mark because health is the only thing holding this fellas talent back.But health has been a huge pain in his ass over his career so understandable of the concern .

The lineup / offense is this teams biggest asset this year imo . I believe that this team is well rounded in damn near every category possible offensively. Rather if its the speedy table setting players like Reyes,Bonafacio or Izturis. And smack in the middle of the lineup is 2 guys that could combine for 85-90 homers in Bautistaand Encarnacion . The hit machine Melky Cabrera or the power speed combo in Lawrie at the hot corner.

This gives them a chance to beat teams in a endless amount of ways. Also prevents them from going
    on a big losing streak do to the dif ways they can beat you on offense.

My Favorite Lineup

1. Reyes-dont forget even though Marlins sucked last year he still did his thing for a ss. .287 avg 11 homers 40 steals

2. Melky Cabrera - I know I know. Failed a drug test. But those drugs only help you so much in hitting .350
    and its not like he had 40 homers at the time he only cracked 11 when he got caught. I like this guys bat and
    he stood up and did the right thing once caught. (many mlb players are guilty of the same crime.. he just got caught) Perfect table setting bat to compliment the power below him.

3. Jose Bautista. You already know the story on this guy. If he stays healthy he is going to crush . Hoping he hits over .250 as well

4. Edwin Encarnacion - Big Power and does not strike out much . His production is crucial to this teams success. Lets not forget that he stole 13 bases and was only caught 3 times last season.

5. Brett Lawrie- Love the way this kid plays the game. He is going to be out for the first 2 weeks of the season most likely but they should be able to ride the ship until he gets back. Its how good his health stays for the rest of the season which is the key.

6. Adam Lind- not a big fan of him really but it is worth noting that he lost 15 pounds over the spring and is raking in preseason this year. If he can fit in 500 at bats he will give you around 75 ribbies up to 20 homers.

7. Colby Rasmus- Now this guy pisses me off. He has all the tools to be a productive major league player but just cant seem to put it altogether for a full year. Its his drop in OBP that has me shocked as I always appreciate his defenseand eye at the plate more then anything. Imagine if he can hit .260 and hit 25 homers 85 ribbies for this already stackedoffense. He hit 23 homers and 75 ribbies last year even though he struggled.

8. J.P Arencibia- your protypical catcher with a bit more pop then most. He has hit 43 homers in 800 MLB at batsso cant sleep on his power production. As long as this guy belts 20 and sufficiently catches Dickeys knuckleball all season anything else he adds is a plus .

9. Emilio Bonifacio - guy only got 244 at bats last year and still stole 30 bases. Not to mention 30 stolen basesat a unheard of success rate as he was only caught 3 times... yes 3 times. All he has to do is just get on baseanyway possible and he instantly turns into a game changer. Will be nice to see them utilize that speed throughout the year.

======================================== ======================

The Rotation I already mentioned a bit will be headlined by Dickey.

Even though he does not have the Hollywood looks he has the Hollywood arm . Numbers might go down because of the A.L but the way he fools hitters I doubt it will be to drastic to fret about. Can see him gettin to 15-17 wins this yearafter achieving 20 wins last year. HIm and Arencibia are said to be having a great relationship so far and that is crucialfor the type of pitcher Dickey is.

Now this is where it gets interesting. I would put this fella as their number 2 opening the season.

Josh Johnson- fukk the win loss record last year. What I pay attention to is individual statistics logged as a pitcher. He once again pitched more innings then he gave up hits. Limited home runs and struck out a nice amount of batters. Please stay healthy Josh... im depending on you damnt im not going to lie. IF you are healthy you are damn good number2 pitcher .

Brandon Morrow- I love this kid. 2 months of lost action after gettin oblique injury cost this fella a very impressive seasonCan blow the ball past anyone and in 648 career innings pitched he has given up only 548 hits. Sounds like a broken recordbut once again health is the only thing that will hold him back . Been injured 4 out of the 6 seasons into the league. Of course some not nearly as bad as others its still a reason for some concern.

Mark Beuhrle - Mr Dependable. Innings eating machine that has pitched 200 innings in every season as a starter. Like him as more of a number 4 guy then a number 3 especially with Morrows ability to make batters miss . The addedoffensive help he is going to receive here in Toronto might make his confidence soar. Guy pitches the ball faster then any person in baseball and that helps keep his defense awake on the field . Small detail but one nonetheless .
    174 wins and 132 losses in his career with a under 4 era. I will take that as my 4th starter anyday.

J.A Happ- I am glad he is the 5th starter instead of Romero . He seasons over the last 2 years do not look that good record wise but that has a big part to logging a lot of time with the very inept Houston Astros. This guy could surpriseand turn out to be a big help for this club. 4.18 career average and also does not give up a lot of hits . His extension that the Blue Jays just gav him along with the final rotation spot can only help his confidence and team chemistry.

The defense of this team is not great but I also do not think its considered a achilles heel for them either. Love Lawrie at the hot corner as he gets to a lot of balls and hustles like a madman. The outfield is solid enough of a core plus with Rasmus patrolling center effortlessly covering so much ground it only makes it easier onthe other two outfielders.

If you want to know about the bullpen look it up yourself as im tired of writing this shit. Average bullpen likemany teams in the league have. Will be nice to have Santos for a full year after he only pitched 5 innings all oflast year.

Toronto Blue Jays over 89 season wins

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-26-15 at 10:55 AM. Reason: link does not work and title's too long