Originally posted on 02/16/2013:

Okay I'll bite and be the combo breaker...
Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
jk, should have elaborated more but had to run to work. With the whole time limit thing of 2 hours in tournament play things are made to happen that shouldnt.
Such as? How long do you want the tournament to be? 5 hours? People can't seen to grasp that favorites lose. If you get TT-AA five times odds are you're going to lose one of those hands.

So basically you have to get lucky early and then just fold it out until the end or you get pocket Jacks or better. Thats no fun.
That's also not going to win very often.

The guy with the big stack always catches whats needed in almost every instance that I have seen.
Gamblers fallacy? Don't know how often the chip leader after the first 15 minutes coasts to victory. Probably not very often.

So if you get a bad beat early on you are almost doomed no matter what.
Well yeah

I also understand that playing poker online you see many more hands so you are going to see a larger variety of things happen.
You just answered many of your questions there.

Not saying that I am a some poker pro cause I am not by any means but here it just seems like anything that you know about poker or what the odds favor doesnt matter at all. Thats it just sucks when you are all in and you know one way or the other what is going to happen. gl everyone and sorry for the long rant.
45 player tournaments are going to be high variance anyway but throw in that fact they are turbo and on SBR and you'll be in for a joy ride sometimes. Sounds like you could use some poker run good. Right now you're like a SBR Poker Eeyore. Gotta get that confidence up. It'll turn around eventually. GL