Originally posted on 01/28/2013:

"My wagering goals are to win 3 units a week, right through the entire year. That would equal well over 100u a year. It's a daily grind, but having a plan is better than having no plan. It keeps you focused and disciplined. Winning 10+ units this week meets my weekly goal, and even covers the next two weeks, infact it almost covers an entire month of winners (12 units). Gives me real reason to not look for action just for the sake of action as I'm already ahead!"

Very smart. Discipline and some sort of Bankroll management plan is what makes betting on sports go from gambling to investing. Really the only difference, imo, between putting money in the stock market and putting money on sports, is the time it takes to see a return or loss on your investment. Instead of waiting months or years you only have to wait minutes. Bettors with no plan or discipline, are the ones that chase losses, put too much on a single bet, and in the end find themselves with a drinking problem and empty pockets for all their time and effort. Theres alot more people like that out there than there are people like you, and thats why "gambling" is stigmatized by the public. Sorry for the rant but its just refreshing to see posters doing it right.