Originally posted on 12/22/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Also, mods should probably delete the crap about people ratting on Justin7 for gambling. Nobody knows what he knew or when, and he lost more $ there than 80% of American households make in a year. As an attorney he's probably aware of reasons not to open his mouth. Even if people don't want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, we shouldn't be trying to destroy his career without knowing all the facts.
I've wondered for a while about the wisdom of J7 being involved with SBR. He does not seem to be one of the bad guys who run this place (their political views revealed their corruption long before BI's collapse did) or idiots or squares, and from my sense of him, from his posts over the years, I would say he should be completely separated, by reputation, from the SBR crew. He strikes me as an honorable and intelligent man; you can't say that of anyone else here (Ganchrow being long gone).

But I can't say I have sympathy for his BI account loss, though it's a large number, because anyone who was in BI should have been figuring the chance of being stiffed into their EV calculations (actually, I do have sympathy for all who got stiffed, but that's the human in me, not the sports bettor).

Personally, I've long believed in letting Spiro at The Greek do my book safety evaluations. If he transfers money with them, they're cool. But if he doesn't trust them, I don't. Did the Greek ever do book-to-books with BI?