Originally posted on 12/20/2012:

Way too many threads and opinions on this Bet Islands epidemic. Most of these posts are from emotional based responses and not logical ones. I can assure you... if you had funds with BI... you have a right to be pissed off. But, pointing fingers at SBR as a whole... as the reason this happened is extreme and bogus. I placed wagers with BI earlier in the year. Maybe it was instinct to make a withdrawal and walk away? Maybe it was luck? Point being... the layout and all of their slogans on the front page weren't far fetched. I wasn't totally comfortable with the book to begin with... but was it bad? No... it was a pretty fair book. I can't see how the book was mismanaged though? I don't understand how you can walk away from an estimated 1.5 million in players funds? But again... it's our fault. Not SBR's.

5Dimes could close the doors tomorrow. And I believe "instinctively" they are here to stay. But again... my entire bankroll could be gone. It's the risk we take and make each and everyday. No amount of money is safe offshore. The only reason why books do pay to those who win... because most gamblers lose. They will easily pay out the 20% when they are taking in 80%. If they would have it their way... they would never pay us... EVER! But they know there's money to be made. If word got out that a book isnt paying you would leave and its that simple That's why they payout the very few winners here and there. It's common business sense. Wager at your own risk.