Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=17184904'>posted</a> on 12/19/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
Never played there. Not familiar enough to comment on it. I know it sucks that this all happened.

I can promise you no one feels any worse about this than SBR John does. Believe it or not, he's a good man. He would never knowingly screw over a bunch of loyal posters. He loves SBR, and all that goes with it. He's not the type of businessman that would step over a dollar to pick up a dime, which is what he would essentially be doing if he was knowingly complicit in this fiasco.
Opie, that all may be very true.

But. For as smart/talented a businessman John is, he failed horribly in this situation. He started yesterday by telling the board that SBR was lied to more than the collective posters, and he inferred he didn't know "Jon" very well at all. He also seemed to maintain that "Jon" doesn't have/had an ownership stake in BI. Which looks to be --- untrue at this moment, from the website registration information, and Justin comments, "Jon" certainly had a larger role than what John and Dozer maintained.

Lastly. John didn't show much remorse, and I think that is what has the 'injuns lathered up. The longer this goes on, the more and more angry your posting community getting. Media/Marketing 101. Stay ahead of Trouble. If there's a problem-- give the masses someone's head. If that's Jon, so be it. But don't hide. It's not smart.

Opie, you're smart enough to know this thing has spun out of control on John. Every corner of the gambling forum world is posting about this, and calling John everything from thief to liar himself. If he wants to maintain some respect, text him, email him, call him-- and get them to post one mea culpa and let the masses move on.

Tough love brutha. The way their doing it-- isn't working.