Originally posted on 12/17/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
As poorly as it reflects on the book I would suggest ignoring the parts of the case that are not material ie, told the clerk, argued with the GM, placed 800 bests, ect.

Also I do not think the amount of his initial deposit is material either. The critical numbers and math for me are;
What was his balance the moment the overpayment was made?
Subtract out what would have been his correct balance.
Then examine his next bets to see if he was betting with a)his money b) the books overpayment money
I appreciate that you responded to this thread, but have to disagree. His prior deposits are material in that it shows his willingness to re-up each time he went bust. There is little doubt that the OP would have re-upped again had this pleaser lost or was properly paid out. So I don't see how his later bets should be affected by one misgrade, especially when 5D has a precise rule for this very situation. The entire "windfall" from the mistake is 3 or 4 grand, hardly significant. 5D is entitled to that back only, not all the profit he would ever make thereafter. To do so gives 5D a perpetual freeroll on Dan or anyone else that ever made a bad bet at this Book.

At least when sponsor Betonline (B+) gets caught stealing, which is often, SBR will always get them to do the right thing. Apparently you don't have the same pull with A+ rated 5D. Tony gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar and SBR pours him a glass of milk.