Originally posted on 12/15/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by zam77 View Post
Kid already created a living hell for all the families who lost someone and will be pissing all over them for the rest of their lives. There is no positive spin that can come from this. After this, there is now no question in my mind that humanity is headed straight down the shitter. Mental illness is and has taken over the minds of way to many people and stopping it faster than it spreads is impossible. It's a viscous disease that is taking over far too many. Those who are fortunate enough to find/get help (that works) or those fortunate to not be struck by this disease are pretty much stuck watching our world spin out of control because of it. This tragedy makes me feel hopeless like nothing ever has before. I fear for my little ones... it pretty much fukin sucks all around.
It's not gun control or mental illness IMO. It's what's acceptable in our society now. My uneducated opinion is the rate of mental illness isn't any higher but ways for the disturbed to become worse, 'connect' with eachother and become famous are. Three nutjobs with very unique demented view on something can find each other today whereas 10 years ago would never know they weren't alone. A future copycat can get every detail. With the 24 hours news networks, reporters jobs depend on how much detail they can get and filling the time. The murderers die knowing their story of how they got bullied in 4th grade, how their parents abused them, or how their dog died will be told. 10 years ago, they get an article about what a piece of shit they were, problems or not. Today killers get an autobiography.

I just watched the streaming news conference for ABC. I guess after the TV signs off the internet stream keeps rolling. The reporters are trying to get a hard copy list of the deceased names and the police chief doesn't have enough for everyone. Each reporter is shouting the names of what agency and channel they report for trying to trump the other guy. As he passes them out the fight for them and rip the papers in halves. The police officer actually says he feels "like a rock star up here". I'm sure he was referring to the way they were mobbin him and not as someone actually enjoying the attention but it shows what's feeding the monster.