Originally posted on 12/14/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
Everyone of them. With the mandatory military service each and everyone of the will be shitting on the Palestinians.
I would dare suggest that the US is more hated than any other country just based on my experience. Lots of guns there and a big ol' defence force too. However terrorists still attacked on 9/11.

Steven Till · Top Commenter · Cleveland Chiropractic College - Los Angeles
It's odd, in Israel where I lived for over 10 years about 50% of the population carries a firearm- either a personal licensed pistol or an army-issued submachine gun. Gun violence is almost unheard of, street crime is at a minimum & these insane mass shootings NEVER happen. Must be the difference in cultures......

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/p...8TXwSYYsVGkYLO

That guy is right...It is definitely a different culture. Something has broken down and it has nothing to do with the accessibility of firearms. If that were the case then countries like Canada and other northern ones that do a lot of recreational hunting would having people firing rifles at each other when they got depressed or drunk or they found their wife cheating or whatever. I grew up with maybe 9 rifles hanging on racks in our pool table room and never did I or my friends think to grab one. Even as a teenager when I'd sneak friends in the house and we'd drink. The guns were a non-issue - just like another silly knick knack on the wall. Religious terrorists are one thing but these school shootings and everything else is a way different ball game.