Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=16644178'>posted</a> on 11/04/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
Some of you want to paint this as a rich vs poor thing. The saddest part is higher taxes on the wealthy and business in general hurt the poorest among us the most. I'll lay people off if my business incurs unexpected cost increases and stop pay increases if costs go up as will millions of businesses. Higher taxes are bad for everyone, rich or poor. Higher taxes only benefits the government.

You guys who think all you need to do is ask the rich to "pay a little more" are misinformed. We already pay a business tax rate double Canada and the rest of the world. Taxes are ALREADY SKY HIGH. Government spending is the greatest threat to all Americans. It has to be cut drastically. Taxes need to be cut drastically as well for everyone.
I already debunked your assertion that business taxes in the U.S. are double that of Canada and the "rest of the world." In fact we're 21st in the world by business tax burden, behind almost every country in Western Europe, Japan, Brazil and China. Those last two countries are especially of note, since they have wildly successful economies in spite of higher tax rates for individuals and businesses than our current rates.

You say if taxes go up, you have to lay off people and freeze wages. Why don't you take a pay cut yourself in order to keep your staff paid at the wages you hired them to work for? Are you already taking less out of SBR than your lowest paid worker? How much do you really do compared to that person? I'd like to know the answers to those questions before I believe that your objection to taxation isn't just pure avarice.

You're wrong when you try to paint this as a rich vs. poor argument. It's about those who look out for themselves first vs. those who look out for society as a whole.

If it were just rich vs. poor, you wouldn't have the richest people in America (Bill and Melinda Gates, Warren Buffett) donating the vast majority of their wealth to charity and arguing that the rich need to be taxed far more in America. Who would know better than them? Definitely not some fry cook turned forum owner who cares so much about the state of the American economy that he moved his entire company out of the country. Even more galling is that with the offshore structure of SBR, you assuredly pay less to the IRS than 99% of SBR's American posters, you pay your bills with their gambling losses, then spend all this time whining to us about how you still pay too much.

GTFO, John.