Originally posted on 11/02/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by briedward View Post
I just placed 6K on Obama to win the election on 5 dimes at -310. I basically pushed the ML to -330 on 5 dimes.

Obama is getting awesome free hurricane coverage - this alone will put him over the top.
I have a lot of coin riding on Obama myself. I pretty much doubled up yesterday when I saw -210 at legends. I figured those were the best odds that I would see through election day and if I needed to hedge the movement would be favorable. I also think you are spot on that the hurricane and his response to it will help him politically.

There are two ways Romney can win.
1) The polls are way off in Ohio (which also don't account hurricane reax or huge union push at the end)
2) Romney flips something like Wisconsin or PA without Obama flipping a Virginia or Florida

Some on the right are up in arms on how the hurricane stopped the "momentum". But the facts are pretty clear (even if the poll %s are wrong) Romney's movement stopped about a week after the first debate and it's been moving back slowly in Obama's direction. As of the hurricane, there was no Mitt-mentum. But, I do agree that the hurricane is likely to give Obama a bit of a boost, as he pals along with Christie while Christie splooges on him.

You gotta wonder how dedicated Christie is to Mitt. First the disappointing speech at the RNC and now what appears to be a bit of having Obama's back...