Originally posted on 09/29/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
Jon did say everyone was eligible for the bonus before the season started. I'm sure he did not mean that offer was on the table all season.
He probably just wanted to get everyone in before football kicked off.

It seems that you tried to dupe the customer service rep into telling you that you can have a bonus on your first conversation with them even though you knew that you shouldn't get one. This is why you emailed yourself a copy of the transcript so you could try to hold a gun to their heads once they discovered that you weren't eligible for one.

They obviously weren't trying to trick you into depositing or they wouldn't have offered to send the money back to you and cover the fees.

Yes, they made a minor mistake. It has happened to me before and I've gotten upset too. But if I had a cash out of 5k recently I wouldn't have come on here and made a big stink about it.

You should be more than happy to put your money in BI without the bonus because with the free payouts, free half points, and the 108 juice, they are still better than any other book at the moment.
I want to express my sincere thanks for confirming my contention that bonuses were offered to everyone at the start of this season . I also understand and accept you side with BI as does most everyone else in this thread, but there are a few points I wanted to address. First I wasn't trying to dupe the rep. My account info was provided at the start of the chat and I just assumed he verified I was eligible. In fact there were long delays in our conversation, so I thought he was looking into that before offerring the numerous bonuses available. And as far as having the chat sent to email, I always do this--especially when p2p instructions are given. Perhaps I'm use to Heritage and Bookmaker where they automatically confirm your bonus eligibility before giving the deposit info. My bad, I should know that the bonus offers at BI are constantly evolving.

Okiejoe's version of events, on the other hand, are pure B.S. My withdrawals were initiated well over a month ago and before Jon's offer was made. Truth be told, there was a CS blunder then as well which made one of my payouts very late. To BI's credit, they made good on another free payout--but again these requests were BEFORE Jon's various football bonus offers.

All this said, I agree I handled this very poorly. I posted very soon after this transpired out of anger and frustration. I had originally considered replenishing my Heritage account for the hassle-free 8% bonus, so I was agitated the deposit I made at BI was in limbo--possibly having to be returned. So once again I say thanks to Jon, apologize for my gross overreaction, and assure everyone that this will never happen again at BI.

PS Thanks to SBR for amending the title of this thread at my request.