iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

NFL Power Rankings... (Week 2)

Week 2 in the NFL was a nice reminder that most of these teams are pretty equal talent wise; and that the winners each week are usually the guys that can shut down the other teams strength. Match ups are everything in the NFL, along with home field advantage and a well timed flag from an unqualified referee...

With that said, these rankings will fluctuate from week to week, it's just the nature of the beast... but for now, this is how I see things...

1. 49ers: (2-0) Nothing changes here, they are the clear-cut best team in the NFL with no weaknesses. They can pass, run the ball, rush the passer, stop the run, punt and make field goals...

2. Packers: (1-1) Their offensive line is still a concern, but it was nice to see Cedric Benson establish himself as a serviceable, every down back. He should be enough to keep defenses honest enough to let Rodgers get back to all-world status...

3. Texans: (2-0) A Texans vs. 49ers Super Bowl wouldn't be too sexy, but it is looking like more and more of a possibility. Foster and Tate are the best rushing duo in the league, and they still have that other receiver named Johnson, who isn't that bad. Great defense and a smart QB too...

4. Patriots: (1-1) I said last week the Cardinals are a QB away from being a contender, so when they shut down the Pats offense it wasn't too much of a surprise. What got lost in this game was how well their defense played. Love them as underdogs vs. the Ravens this week...

5. Steelers: (1-1) Say what you want... "old" "injured" "slow running backs"... One thing will never change... Big Ben will break tackles, extend plays, step up in the pocket, and break your heart... The most under-rated QB in the game...

6. Eagles: (2-0) These guys aren't even playing well and they're winning... Kinda scary when you think about it... They will cruise past the Cardinals this week...

7. Falcons: (2-0) Their defensive schemes confused Peyton Manning, not an easy thing to do. This tells me someone on the defensive side of the ball has a clue... The best receivers in the game, but Turner's lack of explosiveness will cost them eventually...

8. Bears: (1-1) The Packers can make you look pretty silly if they go up 10-0 at Lambeau... Bears need to pump Cutler's face with botox and shove a sock in his mouth... other than that, they should be fine...

9. Cowboys: (1-1) Another team that put themselves in an early 10-0 hole. You can't give that Seattle crowd a reason to be even louder, if that is even possible. I would hate to be a fan of this underachieving mess...

10. Ravens: (1-1) Almost every response to last weeks rankings went something like this "Ravens too low!"... After they lose this week, I hope you'll agree they are right where they belong...

11. Lions: (1-1) They can't tackle on defense and will most likely miss the playoffs... So why did I move them up 3 spots this week after a loss Call me crazy, but I saw something promising against the Niners. They ran the ball well, and showed signs of becoming a little bit more of a balanced team...They should beat the Titans this week and move to 2-1...

12. Broncos: (1-1) Steelers, Falcons, and next up... Texans. What a brutal schedule to start the year. Don't be at all surprised if Manning shakes off the rust and finishes the year 8-1...

13. Giants: (1-1) Saved their slim playoff hopes with a comeback win over the Bucs. Take a look at their schedule and try to make a legit argument for them winning 9 games... I dare you.

14. Cardinals: (2-0) One of the best all around teams in football... One problem... Quarterback!!

15. Bengals: (1-1) What happened to the their defense? Total set at (49) for this weeks game vs. the Skins... They are going to have to put up 30 on a weekly basis to compete... Can Dalton win shootouts??

16. Panthers: (1-1) Don't really know what to say. Some teams will contain Cam, some won't... Their defense isn't good enough for them to win when Newton is slowed...

17. Chargers: (2-0) They can rush the passer now...After they beat the Falcons this week I'll move them up to about 12th...

Seahawks: (1-1) I will just copy and paste what I wrote last week until it is no longer true: "Good at home, below average on the road. Russell Wilson is Doug Flutie all over again"

19. Redskins: (1-1) You can't run the read-option or throw a 40-yard bomb on 3rd and 8... Sell you RGIII stock now...(real life, not fantasy) Orakpo is a huge loss...

20. Saints: (0-2) They will beat a couple very good teams this year, but their division is too good to turn things around... What a disgraceful defense...

21. Buccaneers: (1-1) Too young and inexperienced to be in the top half of teams, but you have to be impressed with the 180 this team has made in the last 6 months... They'll be a live dog all year long...

22. Rams: (1-1) This team is clearly on the rise. The main question is, how high is Sam Bradford's ceiling? It was probably raised a little after last week... Let's see where it sits in 7 days...

23. Bills: (1-1) You haven't heard the last of these guys... Seven winnable games to end the year...

24. Colts: (1-1) Defense played pretty good Better put $10 on a Super Bowl future while it's still a joke... 9-11 Wins a possibility if the offensive line improves...

25. Jets: (1-1) If the Jets are soooo good, why are they always underdogs or barely favored?? Sanchez

26. Browns: (0-2) Richardson is a Beast, Weeden is savvy... Still a ways to go but they can bite you now if you aren't careful...

27. Chiefs: (0-2) So much promise to end last year... What happened

28. Dolphins: (1-1) Team is two years and two wideouts from being a playoff team...

29. Vikings: (1-1) Got lucky to beat the Jags, had 6 points against the Colts in the 4th quarter... Something not being done right in Minnesota...

30. Titans: (0-2) What's worse? Playing the Patriots and Chargers the first two weeks? or playing the Lions and Texans the next two weeks? At least you have a shot to win in week 5 vs. the Vikings.

31. Jaguars: (0-2) Bad news: Gabbert expected to start week 3... Why didn't they trade for Tebow? Then they could have at least sold some tickets while losing...

32. Raiders: (0-2) I think we can all agree the Carson Palmer Project is just about over...
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-26-15 at 02:42 PM. Reason: image does not exist