Originally posted on 09/10/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by benandjerry View Post
Some people....... just dont understand the nature of sports.

Say what you will about roxxy's grading of plays, throwing tens of units to the left and right, good days are gonna look heavenly, bad days are gonna look atrocious. 10u isnt neccessarily 1k, it seems like half the people on this board consider 1u 100 USD rather than understanding that its all relative to your bankroll. Its all just his way of grading his plays, if you normally grade your plays 1u-3u on a play you're obviously not going to throw 30u on any one game. Say what you will about him playing as many picks as he does, its his style and obviously has worked for him. He MAY have been just lucky, but thats EXTREMELY unlikely given the amount of plays so far. I know of a guy that plays 10-15 plays in MLB every night, he's up 135 ish units grading them all 1x or 2x, thats pretty impressive.

What people (the whiners in this thread) seemingly refuse to understand is how this game works, regardless of if your name is roxxy, Obama, or the Queen of England, it is hard to deliver locks. I cant comment on how roxxy does in football (soccer), american football, rugby, or any other sport, nor am I going to comment on the tilt part, maybe he's trying to make $ back rapidly, maybe he felt he had a larger edge (after all silver stars ml last night went from +125 to being a little bit juiced, think minny was +103 at the closing line). But the bottom line is, roxxy is still up about "55 units" according to his grading give or take a few (a few parlays prolly not included) since after the Olympics. Thats roughly 3 weeks. Streaks happen, both winning and losing ones. He's still up in WNBA. The conclusion I can draw from this is, while having a rough period currently, the guy is still up, which probably means he knows his beaver ball.

Now, I'm not trying to suck roxxy's rooster ala the "sbr terminology", but all you mr know it all whiners are the guys that have absolutely no clue. I challenge you all to start posting your "capped" wnba picks in a thread and do better than roxxy come end of season, rather than comparing units won we'll just calc the ROI% come end of season. Now who is first up delivering me a lock of the century for tonight?

VERY WELL SAID.

I know of very few cappers that post the daily volume that Roxxy puts out.

It is impossible to win them all, but overall he has a winning percentage. Yes, he is currently having a rough spot - but so what? Grinding through the tough patches is all part of gambling.

It would have been so easy for him to just say 'funk you all, figure it out yourselves...' - but he has not. He is still releasing his picks and trying to do the best that he can.

It's during the tough times that good cappers need our support and respect for all of their hard work. They owe nothing to anyone. Please remember this before slinging mud.

I appreciate all of the cappers that take their time to share --- WIN OR LOSE --- at least they are trying to contribute.

How have you contributed today?