Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=15913100'>posted</a> on 09/06/2012:

Interesting match, Tipsarevic does have a slight power advantage, more aces and mph on serves. But both are groundstrokers and neither is overpowering or rely on power tennis to win matches.

Not sure if this match is bettable, but I think Ferrer has a significant edge. His style makes him very underrated. He is unexploitable, supremely conditioned and is a master at sequencing groundstroke rallies to a position where he has an advantage, generally relying on his forehand to finish the point.

He has played the big 4 frequently and better than anyone, many of his loses this year are to these elite players 7 out of 11 loses to the Big 4 this year. Once he gets past the first round of a tournament he either loses to the big 4 or wins the championchip as he has 5 titles this year.

He has a better record overall record and on hardcourts than Tip this year. While Ferrer never wows you, I expect him to grind out another win here. In meaningful matches his form has been too good recently, unless you name is Murray, Nadal, Djoker, or Federrer he seldom loses. About the only blemish recently was his loss to Kei Nishi.... at the Olympics and the best of 5 set format suits his conditioning perfectly. He is better rested for this one as well.

He is cleanly the 5th best player in the world, has beaten and played tougher opponents than Tips this year, he pushed Murray hard in the semi's at Wimbledon. He is soo consistent in these big events and soo hard to beat unless you have the vicious power and angled ground strokes of the big 4.

I will probably pass unless I can find Ferrer closer to -200. I may wake up and bet this one though. Just too hard not to recognize how well Ferrer plays. I cannot see what Tips would do to beat him. Basically ferrer either tanks a tounrney in the first round(rare) or goes until he meets one of the elites and always plays a game match. His record against non top 4 players in major tournaments is ridiculously good, while Tips has alot more less quality losses blemishing his record. Tips lost to Gasquet I believe in straights at the Australian hard courts, who Ferrer has handled relatively easy a couple of times this year including his last match. Not much recent history between these two, think ferrer is 2-1 overall 1-0 on hard, but they haven't met in years.