Originally posted on 08/26/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
That's actually not true. The forum averages nearly 30% growth for many years. And that at a time when our competitors are experiencing negative growth. The fact is, as I measure SBR, this place is better than ever. I am aware as we grow some folks do not get the same level of attention. Not much I can do about that.
What's not true? Did you even read my post? If you judge SBR by sheer traffic, yes it's growing and yes it's successful. But the quality of post and poster here is slipping big-time.

Like I said to JJ, it's a numbers game now and quantity takes any and all priority over quality. No surprise -- just the nature of the beast as SBR shifts from a ma and pa store to Wal-Mart.

You may consider this place "better than ever," and when it comes to the bottom line -- traffic -- I'm sure it's true. But if you evaluate SBR by the type of people that are regulars now vs. even, say, two years ago, I don't know how you can say this place is "better than ever" with a straight face. Again, though, I'm looking at it from a completely different perspective than you.

Bigger doesn't always = better.