Originally posted on 08/20/2012:

Overall, the Bash was awesome. This is the 2nd one I've attended, and they've both been wonderful. Personally, last years Bash in CR is still my favorite....but that's not really a fair comparison. SBR did both of them first class, and I couldn't imagine anyone who attended not enjoying themselves. My wife attended this years with me as well, and I can honestly say she enjoyed everything just as much as I did.

The only negative I had with this Bash was the comedian/ventriloquist from Saturday nights dinner. In my opinion, the guy came off as a total hack. I realize how hard it is to get up in front of a room full of strangers and attempt to entertain them....but this guy just took everything too far. Its one thing to push the envelope by taking digs on a few people in attendance, but his incessant insults directed toward a few made it really uncomfortable. It seemed like whenever he found some gag that elicited a little laughter, he drove it straight in the ground. Kudos to a few SBR posters for not allowing his insults toward them, or even worse, their wives, to create a scene. I fear I would not have taken his terribly lame jabs so well after about the first 20 times.I realize we're all degenerates, so while most things may not offend too many....there were quite a few women in the room. Several of his jokes were not only unfunny, but extremely vulgar. Not something I could ever imagine repeating in front of a group of ladies. I've always been very impressed by comedians who's acts were successful with little to no profanity. Not that I have an issue with cursing (God knows I don't), its simply much more impressive to be able to generate laughter without being offensive...a la Jerry Seinfeld.

Just my take. Some may have loved him. To each his own. Regardless, many thanks to John and all of SBR for a terrific time. Looking forward to next year!