opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

One thought on this years Bash...

Overall, the Bash was awesome. This is the 2nd one I've attended, and they've both been wonderful. Personally, last years Bash in CR is still my favorite....but that's not really a fair comparison. SBR did both of them first class, and I couldn't imagine anyone who attended not enjoying themselves. My wife attended this years with me as well, and I can honestly say she enjoyed everything just as much as I did.

The only negative I had with this Bash was the comedian/ventriloquist from Saturday nights dinner. In my opinion, the guy came off as a total hack. I realize how hard it is to get up in front of a room full of strangers and attempt to entertain them....but this guy just took everything too far. Its one thing to push the envelope by taking digs on a few people in attendance, but his incessant insults directed toward a few made it really uncomfortable. It seemed like whenever he found some gag that elicited a little laughter, he drove it straight in the ground. Kudos to a few SBR posters for not allowing his insults toward them, or even worse, their wives, to create a scene. I fear I would not have taken his terribly lame jabs so well after about the first 20 times.I realize we're all degenerates, so while most things may not offend too many....there were quite a few women in the room. Several of his jokes were not only unfunny, but extremely vulgar. Not something I could ever imagine repeating in front of a group of ladies. I've always been very impressed by comedians who's acts were successful with little to no profanity. Not that I have an issue with cursing (God knows I don't), its simply much more impressive to be able to generate laughter without being offensive...a la Jerry Seinfeld.

Just my take. Some may have loved him. To each his own. Regardless, many thanks to John and all of SBR for a terrific time. Looking forward to next year!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lemart5

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I wasn't there but maybe SBR needs to get Brian Regan next year.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JohnGalt2341

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

jaeguyoon
    [Too Long]
    jaeguyoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

man the bash sounds like it was a blast. I really hope i make it to one of them in the future.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Opie man up.

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I totally know what you mean Opie. I did think parts were funny as shit but overall he did go a little overboard. Dude, Mug, bro I give you mad props for doing what you did. OMG that part had me in tears, I don't think I would have felt so comfortable to let that happen but once I was up there I wouldn't have stepped down either just made props to you man. Paco, wow, unreal. I don't know how I would have handled myself if 25% of his act was talking trash on me and calling me gay and all the other things that this guy said to you. Props to you too for taking it so well.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by Ez Money 77 View Post
    I totally know what you mean Opie. I did think parts were funny as shit but overall he did go a little overboard. Dude, Mug, bro I give you mad props for doing what you did. OMG that part had me in tears, I don't think I would have felt so comfortable to let that happen but once I was up there I wouldn't have stepped down either just made props to you man. Paco, wow, unreal. I don't know how I would have handled myself if 25% of his act was talking trash on me and calling me gay and all the other things that this guy said to you. Props to you too for taking it so well.
    Exactly. He just drove the same lame jokes into the ground.

That poor old guy sitting close to him apparently didn't know English. Thank God, because that clown was beyond insulting to him.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Opie, you asked the guy where his change bucket was in the lobby before the show. Surprised he didnt come after you.

OVerall, definitely got some laughs but did drive a few things into the ground. Especially when ripping people in the crowd. Hit them a few times over the course of the show, not every 2-3 minutes

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hasbin

Comedians are never good entertainment

Strippers, Singers...are

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i thought he was meaner last time, especially with shannon's lady friend

reminds me of eminem's best line on this subject

"Will Smith don't gotta cuss in his raps to sell records
    Well I do, so fukk him and fukk you too"

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

If I am able to make it, we (SBR) need to book Andrew "Dice" Clay!!

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    He's a bum.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

I thought his insults were hilarious

I like how he made fun of every nationality instead of picking on one ethnicity

he also apologized at the end to show that he meant no ill will

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's no George Carlin but the puppetry makes his act work. He did impress the judges on Americas Got Talent.

Ez Money 77

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    I thought his insults were hilarious

I like how he made fun of every nationality instead of picking on one ethnicity

he also apologized at the end to show that he meant no ill will
    Yeah he did bash everyone that's for sure. He didn't need to apologize to everyone because it was obvious that he didn't really mean any of it really. Just sucked if u were one of the handful that he "picked" on. I honestly didn't want to go get another drink at one point because I didn't want him to say some shit, and I was like only 20 feet from the bartender lol

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    I thought his insults were hilariousI like how he made fun of every nationality instead of picking on one ethnicityhe also apologized at the end to show that he meant no ill will
    Yeah.....but you also have no issue asking random young girls if you can "lick their pussy", sooooo.....not really sure you're part of the demographic I was targeting.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: WvGambler

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Ez Money 77

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Yeah.....but you also have no issue asking random young girls if you can "lick their pussy", sooooo.....not really sure you're part of the demographic I was targeting.
    Or asking people "me" if I had pictures of my wife (soon ex) on my phone, then asking for one of her standing up, full body shot. LOL

Glad u didn't keep looking through the pics though. Your a good dude though and I'm glad I got to meet ya man.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

opie makes good points.

but those of us in players talk can take it, i can see how some classy ladies like mrs opie couldve been offended

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

at least he asks
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    opie makes good points.

but those of us in players talk can take it, i can see how some classy ladies like mrs opie couldve been offended
    She wasn't offended. She hears me say worse daily.

Trust me...my issue wasn't the profanity. I have a filthy mouth. I also think that Eddie Murphy's Raw album is the one of the greatest comedy acts of all time. I simply think its hackish to continually throw a bunch of obscenities out there for no reason. To me, the whole Paco is gay routine wasn't even funny to begin with, much less the 25th time.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

firstclass
    firstclass's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4267

my biggest disappointment ,, NO VIDEO FROM OPIE !!!!!

Overall, the Bash was awesome. This is the 2nd one I've attended, and they've both been wonderful. Personally, last years Bash in CR is still my favorite....but that's not really a fair comparison. SBR did both of them first class, and I couldn't imagine anyone who attended not enjoying themselves. My wife attended this years with me as well, and I can honestly say she enjoyed everything just as much as I did.

The only negative I had with this Bash was the comedian/ventriloquist from Saturday nights dinner. In my opinion, the guy came off as a total hack. I realize how hard it is to get up in front of a room full of strangers and attempt to entertain them....but this guy just took everything too far. Its one thing to push the envelope by taking digs on a few people in attendance, but his incessant insults directed toward a few made it really uncomfortable. It seemed like whenever he found some gag that elicited a little laughter, he drove it straight in the ground. Kudos to a few SBR posters for not allowing his insults toward them, or even worse, their wives, to create a scene. I fear I would not have taken his terribly lame jabs so well after about the first 20 times.I realize we're all degenerates, so while most things may not offend too many....there were quite a few women in the room. Several of his jokes were not only unfunny, but extremely vulgar. Not something I could ever imagine repeating in front of a group of ladies. I've always been very impressed by comedians who's acts were successful with little to no profanity. Not that I have an issue with cursing (God knows I don't), its simply much more impressive to be able to generate laughter without being offensive...a la Jerry Seinfeld.

Just my take. Some may have loved him. To each his own. Regardless, many thanks to John and all of SBR for a terrific time. Looking forward to next year!

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

When you get chris rock to perform i'll be there. Other than that i dont hang out in vegas off the strip.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

By the way, Leafy, are you Irish???

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by firstclass View Post
    my biggest disappointment ,, NO VIDEO FROM OPIE !!!!!
    There were plenty of vids coming from the Bash. Didn't want to dilute the process by throwing in another.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

firstclass
    firstclass's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4267

What happened to my shout out on the plane ride video Big ?
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    By the way, Leafy, are you Irish???

hugh_morris
    hugh_morris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 976

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Absolutely.....We need to tame things down a bit......I vote for the "Diceman".....

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Typical Louis comment. Conventionalized by popular media.

Generally accepted ideas are worth less than you think, Louis.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

To me, the whole Paco is gay routine wasn't even funny to begin with, much less the 25th time.
    Well that's not funny because.....well.....you know.....

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post

Exactly what I was thinking Cougar. This guy is highly underrated. It never even occurred to me how clean his act is until I heard another comedian mention it. Most of my favorite comedians drop plenty of F-bombs and do plenty of "edgy" material but Brian Regan has got to be the funniest clean comedian there is.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

SBR needs to get this kid

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Quote Originally Posted by firstclass View Post
    What happened to my shout out on the plane ride video Big ?
    Broad sucked. Was going to do a vid with flight attendant giving shouts. She was buzz kill dude.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

you mean that's not normal?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post

Regan lives in Vegas, but it'd probably cost at least $50k. Brian Regan is one of the top 5 comedians in the biz. I wasn't there, but I seem to recall SBR had Dough Stanhope several years ago. He's excellent.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Fair enough, you should asked John what he did to him and his wife back in 2010....calling Paco a terrorist...funny but over the line as you suggested. Guy is probably nothing like that in real life but ultimately that doesn't matter if his act truly made you and others feel uncomfortable.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

or what their pussy tastes like or fukk them on credit

12 Last