Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=15670860'>posted</a> on 08/15/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by jbart28 View Post
I know you are a typical lefty who doesn't want to admit that this guy Obama has made nothing better.
Considering the downward trend economically that the country was on when he was elected, I don't really know where you think the economy should be. Coming from a similar position in early 1981 Reagan by the time of election had only managed to lower the unemployment rate by .1% from 1980 to 1984. Unemployment at the time of Obama's inauguration and potential reelection is less than a percentage point higher than it was in 1980 and 1984 when Reagan was elected to a second term in a landslide.

Would you support the position therefore that in his first term Reagan made nothing better? Did he deserve a second term?

You instead deflect and discuss things totally irrelevant to this guy obama's job performance or his record.
Yes because responding to each of your four sentences about Obama's supposed job performance and record in a snarky manner because it looks like you attempt to blame the entire mess we're in on Obama is discussing things totally irrelevant to his job performance and record. I mean only if you believe your four sentences had nothing to do with his performance and record could that possibly be the case.

You should work for the dnc. You would fit right in.
No, I'm not a Democratic puppet like you seem to be a Republican puppet who was apparently born the day Obama took office. I dislike Democrat partisan hacks as much as I dislike Republican partisan hacks. Of which you are clearly one.

Lemme guess you hate guns to but love gay marriage...
I don't hate guns, and I am a huge supporter of DC v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago(I'm pretty sure you'll have to look those up). When Alan Gura came and spoke to my law school, I went and thoroughly agreed with what he had to say on the right to own guns in and of themselves. Note that this doesn't mean that I support unfettered gun ownership. I believe there are reasonable limits to the second amendment just like there are reasonable limits to the first. I fully support waiting periods for criminal background checks, restricted gun ownership by convicted violent felons, and a closing of the gun show loophole.

I am also a huge supporter of repealing DOMA and state initiatives to institute gay marriage.

You on the other hand are probably in fact the exact same type of rights hypocrite you seem to accuse me of being, because I am fairly certain you don't support gay marriage but do support gun rights.

It is also as if you actually believe that things were awesome in January of 2009 and then Obama came in and ****** up the whole thing, and you seem to honestly genuinely believe that if the Republicans are elected everything is going to be right with the world again.