Originally posted on 07/25/2012:

Well you all know I hate consolidating into one thread for soccer, but figured I'd do it in one thread like I did for Euro 2012. Let's make some money and go for the mother truckin' Gold Ninjas! All wagers are either risking one unit or to win one unit unless otherwise noted.

Olympic Futures
To Win Group A: Uruguay +120
To Win Group B: Mexico +150

Looking at worst to split these two futures and walk away with a little profit. I think Uruguay's attack is going to be dangerous and perhaps the difference maker between Great Britain winning the group & Uruguay winning. The British group also has not had much in the way of preps for the tournament with just one friendly against Brazil. This group could very well come down to the match between the Brits and Uruguay.

Mexico has a wealth of young talent and are looking to break through for a medal. The Swiss and South Koreans will both be tough, but if the Mexicans play to their potential, especially from an offensive perspective - they will be tough to beat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mexico PK [-165]
Mexico opens against South Korea. Neither side will be looking to drop points to open, so it is possible this could play out to be a stalemate. Still, Mexico have the clear advantage in attacking talent. If they can grab a goal early, I think it will be tough for a pragmatic South Korean side to try to change it up and keep pace offensively. The Koreans want to play a tight defensive match, so I think this one is decided on which squad can dictate the pace early. If Mexico is creating chances, I like their chances to pull out the W. If not, I still think they can work a draw at worst and return the investment.

UAE-Uruguay Over 2.5 [-115]
Simply expect the talented attack of Uruguay to pressure the UAE defense and the Emirates aren't without chances if this match goes at a quick pace.