Originally posted on 07/25/2012:

Hi,
I'm new to sportsbetting and hope you guys can help me with some questions.

1. Can you recommend some good sports handicappers that are affordable for a rookie? I've checked some sports handicapping monitor sites and the cost for the picks are insane in my opinion. $30 for 1 days picks and $99 for one weeks picks. I need to build up my bankroll and the profit would not even cover the cost of the handicapping service.

I want to avoid free picks. A few years ago I followed free picks from several handicappers and I lost a lot of money, so I turned my back on sports betting. I want to give it a try again but this time using paid service. I don't trust handicappers that use progression in their betting to obtain a high win rate. I want a handicapper that can show profit with flat betting. I fell for John Morrissons Sport betting champ a few years ago. He uses progressive betting and claim to obtain 97% win rate. He has his own way of counting the win rate. The problem with his system is that if you go below this win rate(which you will), you will lose money. I lost big time using his system.
Many handicapping sites just state their win rate. You could still lose money even with high win rate if you often choose favorites with low odds. I think it's important to know how many units they have won.

2. Is it possible for a handicapper to help you increase your bankroll by 100% during 1 season using flat betting? What I mean is for example:
Your bankroll is $100. Let's say 1 unit is $1. Each bet you bet 1 unit. 100% would be 100 units. Maybe to win 100 units during 1 season is difficult? If 1 unit is $2, then 100% would be 50 units. Is it possible for a good sports handicapper to win 50 units during 1 season, and repeat this over and over again? Just so that I know how high I should set my expectations. It would be nice to increase the bankroll by 100% each season. By using compound it will be a lot after 5 years.

3. Some handicap monitor sites show how many units a handicapper has won. But I really don't understand how they count their units.
For example statistics for OnlineSportsWinners:
Past 7 days: 33 wins 13 losses 535 units
Past 30 days: 162 wins 85 losses 1180 units
Can someone please educate me how they can obtain such high units? Do I have the wrong idea about units in question 2?

Please feedback is very much appreciated.
Thanks