Originally posted on 07/23/2012:

I am so sick of hearing people talking about tax increases (not raising revenue as some people like to call it.). You have people out there that think everything will be better if we just take more money from the more fortunate. I'm sorry, but I've been in this country for nearly 44 years now, and I have not seen the federal government make using extra funds to pay of the debt consistently a priority one time. If any, more money makes them want to spend even more. What the hell have they done to prove that they even deserve more money?

The proof is in the pudding. Show me that you can cut spending, and make a viable dent in this deficit, and then I might be a little more open to sealing the deal by letting you have a little more income. That's where Reagan made his big mistake. He increased the taxes first with the promise that cutting the spending would get approved by Congress. That day never came, and even though we had more money in the coffers, the debt went up.

People wanting taxes raised are putting the cart before the horse. I want to see results from the government first that they want to take care of the debt. Until they have proven their intentions are valid to us, I don't see how anybody could want to blindly give these hypocrites more money.