Originally posted on 07/03/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
I was at a basketball camp one year and Chris Jackson was a counselor/coach... he was at LSU then and had not changed his name. In fact I think he was a Christian at the time and not Muslim

anyways, he and some other college players one of which was my older cousin had a 3 point shooting contest. 25 shots, and the guy that shot before you got to rebound and throw the ball or roll the ball back to you and move you all around the perimeter. My cousin hit 22 of 25 3's. Chris went last. he hit his first 19. For 20 the rebounder ( I think it was the italian guy from NC State rolled it fast and chris got it at half court... he shot it from there, missed the 20th and then made 21, 22, and his now tied with my cousin. he moves back about 10 feet. hits number 23 and walks off the court all twitchy with his tourettes.

some of these guys are unreal, not even the pros. My cousins can still roll right out of bed and hit 50 in a row from the line if needed... and they my age and older
Went to camp with CJ when we were both in the 11th grade. There was a buzz about him, even though he was one of the smallest kids on the floor. Some of his teammates told me he would hit 200 or so at the end of every practice until they got tired of rebounding for him. People who weren't into college basketball before 1990 have no idea how good that kid was. Quickest release of all time, unlimited range, ankle breaking crossover...completely unstoppable at the college level playing around 5'9".