Here is my theory... In the old days of Magic, Bird and to a lesser extent Jordan, basketball was a physical game. If you got fouled there was a mark left or some blood and you knew it was a foul. Players could walk over to the FT line before the whistle was blown and know the call was coming.

Today, EVERYTHING can potentially be called a foul. I don't think the league is full if Tim Donagheys but refs are definitely deciding games even if it's by accident.

Examples: The no-calls against Lebron, twice, in the final seconds of game 2. The call against Harden's chest at the end of game three. Lesser examples: The four point play or any of the fouls on the three point shot follow-through. The announcers can't even agree if touching the shooter's hand after the ball is released it a foul or not. Wade's phantom fouls when he drives out of control to the hoop?

Are all these called correctly? Maybe. The point is it's all subjective now. There are more fouls to bring the scoring up. The sensitivity meter is so high it's out of the scope of what a couple men can meaure in real time. What is called a foul here by Ref So and So isn't a foul over here by another ref. What's a foul when Harden bodies up isnt a foul in the previous 6 quarters. It's too subjective and ruining the game IMO. Regardless of if Miami or OKC wins in 6 or 7 games, it's terrible that we can watch a 7 game series and not feel like the correct team won.

Ok, I'm done with my rant. So Stern, I know youre reading this ... check out the latest NBA contest.