One word that we all hate, discipline. Every once in awhile I don't wager for two-three days just to make sure I can step away. We are always trying to talk ourselves into a wager when we should be looking for reasons not to wager a certain team. Pick three games a day and try to rate them in order of confidence in your picks. Never wager on more than three events a day no matter what. In the beginning it is best to wait closer to game time to wager. Things change and you need to know what those changes are. Trends/stats can be the most misleading info available. Try to look at a team as a single entity. In other words, a great team may not perform great on the third consec nite in a different city. Just like an indiv., teams have moods, ups, downs and infighting. All this can dramatically effect outcomes. There are volumes of info on this topic, alot can be found on the internet. Start with pointspreads-what is the linesmaker attempting to accomplish with his line, is the line reflective of teams performance or are there other factors at work? I am not an expert but I do fairly well. Downturns are inevitable and can shake your confidence. Track your progress, it is how you spot your strengths and weaknesses. It takes a good while but you are as capable as anyone else in making this work. Best of luck