Quote Originally Posted by rowand13 View Post
Soccer is a game of luck more than a game of skill. In soccer, you see a team gets 10 or 12 shots on target and still not able to score, while the other team gets only 2 shots on target and one of them is a goal and that team ends up winning the game. The average number of shots on target by any team per game is roughly what (7 or 8 maybe). In basketball, a team gets about a 100 or more scoring opportunities each game which makes luck plays a minor role here. Also the weather and the referee play a big role on cotrolling outcomes of soccer games. That's why you will often see it very difficult for a team, that is a -500 or -600 favored, to win the game. In many cases, if the big underdog scores first, the big favored team might not even be able to draw the match. That's obviously not the case in basketball or even American football.

For me, I find it very hard to believe that any expert or sharp player would easliy predict the outcome of any soccer match because any team can easily beat any team, ofcourse at a certain professional level. That's why I doubt that pinny's or even other professional soccer bookmakers' leans would apply to soccer. Although I find it apply to a certain degree to less popular soccer leagues (Japanese J league, Australian A leagues, etc.), I don't think nor I believe that Pinny leans would apply at all to the more popular leagues (England premier, German Bundesliga, Italian....etc).
This just might be the dumbest thing I've read all year.