shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Service Plays - READ this before posting : Nominated Post

Quote Originally Posted by lsusports View Post
    My words are highlighted in BLUE

AS POSTED BY SBR LOU (An SBR Administrator)

(post #1)

Hi guys,

For legal reasons must update our forum policy for Service Plays.

What is allowed: [Capper Name] + play & odds.

What is not allowed. *amount, write ups, $ amount, unit amount etc.

You can rank the plays, or say so and so really likes this play or that play, but please do not repost copyrighted written material.

You are not allowed to attempt to distribute betpoints in exchange for any posts made in the Service Plays forum. Sending points, nominating posts, or other actions determined to circumvent SBRforum policy may cause both the sender and receiver to lose betpoints access.

IT SPECIFICALLY STATES I CAN RANK THE PLAYS

-----------------------------------

(post #10 he states)

Please do not attempt to circumvent this policy by making use of code words as they will be removed.

Fair enough to me.

----------------------------

(post #52 by Bill Dozer ) an SBR Administrator.

You guys can rank the plays, add color, sizes, or say so and so really likes this play or that play but taking their "content" as in quoting the third party and what they say about the play is similar to copying an article by an author. Some cappers like their picks reposted and others do not but we don't want to take away poster's freedom of speech because people who use their sites repeat opinions.

You won't find a medium to large forum out there that lets people copy pick material word for word. I don't think there is a bigger group of posters sharing picks out there either.

No word for word copying...simple enough. Also we CAN rank the plays, add color, ect....it's right there.

-------------------------

Other than that you also can't post any links to sites, you can't give points for post - neither of which i'm concerned about. I only care about posting plays and rating them myself as small, medium, and large.

It is NOT specified that i can not do that. It does however state I CAN RANK the play. Some of my 1st posts had the ratings in them - big screw up on my part and i got a couple warnings from Sheri. I corrected the problem and thought i was doing what is considered acceptable. Small, Medium, Large, Huge seems to be acceptable words. Or so i thought.

My editing rights and PM rights were removed a few days back so i had to send in a request via email to the SBR help desk. I have not received a response. Today i was issued yet another violation warning from Blondie - Reason: No play sizes allowed.

Now i'm not trying to blame Sheri, Blondie, SBR Lou, or anyone else...they're only full-filling their obligations to management - But if i CAN rate the plays i posted what is wrong with small, medium, and large? And why did i lose my editing and PM rights?

Hopefully i wont getted banned/deleted/or terminated for this post. It is not meant as an argument tool. I will also copy/paste this in the Service Plays - READ THIS BEFORE POSTING thread.

This was clarified today with Admin: The words small, medium and large are not to be used when listing a play as it's too comparable to listing a unit size. The same goes with GOY, GOM, etc... Basically anything other than Lakers +3 cannot be listed when posting plays because there's no way we want to run into the same grief of a handicapper crying foul.

My suggestion would be to follow what Bill said and use colour... I received verification that this was ok to do.

I'll also ask for clarification in the morning when it comes to using asterisks to designate system bets. For tonight, I'm not going to touch those posts but those may have to go as well. Again - a colour based method will most likely be the best way around that.

ETA: I've also asked about using a handicapper's names for his plays ie Assassin, Mutilator or whatever else it is they use.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-26-15 at 03:55 PM. Reason: link does not work