Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

prob time for him to go anyways...

Not yet, Mr. Mara likes Coughlin, he did give him that one year extension through 2012 last year when he could have cut his ass this year.

Plus, nobody out there that is clearly better to replace him with.
Remember, this isn't Kansas City, this is New York City, not every coach is cut out to coach here.
Coughlin handled that New York Jets hoopla very well, kept quiet while Rex ran his fat mouth, kind of like the way Joe Torre handled a lot of the extra curricular bull shit when he ran the Yankees.

Now, you may not like his dry personality, but Coughlin is a winner, he took a mediocre Jax team in '96 to the Conference Championship game, then went 11-5, 11-5, and 14 and 2 with the Jaguars.
Those teams were good, but not 14-2 good, Coughlin did a great job there.

Hasn't had a losing record in 7 years now, did the impossible in '07 went on the road, ran the table with Eli and beat TB on the road, next week beat Dallas on the road, did the unthinkable and beat GB on the road on the frozen tundra, and went toe to toe with Captain Cheeseburger Belichek in the SB winning that.

OK, I can see the "what have you done for me lately" comments coming, but name 5 other head coaches in the game that is clearly better than Coughlin, I'll give you that ass in New England, name me four more, and while you are thinking about that, who do you replace him with? Gruden? I don't want any part of that.

Coughlin is only 65, not that old.