Originally posted on 12/16/2011:

Quote Originally Posted by Rous View Post
Dante, you couldn't be more wrong. A great example of sharps was in the D1AA football playoffs last Saturday. All 3 favorites in each of the three games, the line jumped up 2-3 points within 5 minutes a couple hours before each game. All 3 favs ended up covering easily. That is sharp money pal. You clearly are a ripping square in denial of your elite squareness.

Right, I have been involved with this betting thing longer than you are probably alive. I have made more money off guys like you than you can count in a week. I am the square. You keep searching for the sharps and their methods and in decade or two or less you will be like most of the other gamblers kicking the can down the road and wondering why am I so stupid.

If sharps existed to any extent at all and not less than, much less than 1% of the players the number of bookies and sports books would be much less. I have seen and heard it all in the decades that I have been around this business. Sharps come and go, I can name literally dozens of them. Please, hand around a while and then talk to me about it.

There is no fool like a gambling fool who believes that with time he will become a "sharp" or find a secret method to beat the books consistently. It doesn't happen often enough to even make a dent in the book making business. Of course, an exceptional player will come along once in a decade and even he will in all likely fizzle out. I have seen it more times than I can count

Because you saw something happen last week, lol. That means nothing, tell me about it when you have witnessed it for 20 years then I will say...hey you got something here. It ain't going to happen guy. Take it from somebody who has been around the gambling block longer than almost all you guys.