Guys, Do You Know Your Real Enemy?

LVSC? Bookie? Betting Public? Brandon Lang? IRS?

No.

It's YOU!

That's right.

In sports betting, your biggest enemy is yourself.

Emotions..enemy.
Greed..is your enemy.

These are dangerous feelings. May destroy your bankroll even in one day..

I don't say it's an universal truth; it's just my opinion. There may be cappers who are doing fine with gutfeeling, but not me.

In my opinion,

We must BET LIKE A ROBOT!

That's right. Zero emotions. Betting like a robot.

Hi. My name is R2D2. Pick Colorado +120 tonight.

A friend of mine says he got 2 bets for today. Fine. He goes 0-2 and he places another wager on 10 AM baseball game. WTF? If you were 2-0, would you still make this bet? No, he says. Don't chase your loses. Don't try to get breakeven for the day. There may be much better games tomorrow.

Guys, sports betting is a tough job if you're capping games with gutfeeling.

Why I like betting like a robot?

Because you avoid all emotions.

Maybe, you had a discussion with your wife and you're not in a good mood. You had a bad day at office. Maybe you lost your cat/dog. You learned Becky Hammon is married (hopefully not).

These things may effect your mind. These things may effect your handicapping, your decisions.

But if your selections are based on a system/handicapping model (or some rules), these "bad" things won't matter. They won't effect your picks..

Let the numbers do the work.

The best thing about following a handicapping model/system is, you never ask yourself which bet you should take. All picks are clear. Let's say you're capping games and making your selections with gutfeeling, because you liked it, because Halladay is invincible etc. You like 6 games on board. But you don't feel too confident (emotions again) about all of them. So you bet 3 of them. You go 1-2. Other 3 picks you didn't picked go 3-0. It happens. Bets that you don't pick usually win, Strange but true. You blame yourself for picking Lakers, you say why I didn't picked Boston. Emotions again..

It can be frustrating..specially when you're on a losing streak. We, sports bettors are very streaky in nature. Do you know why? It's related with psychology. During a glorious winning streak, you feel yourself invincible. Positive Energy, Yeah! You make better predictions, better analysis..and you keep winning! Becase your expectations are also positive. Everything you touch turns to gold.

On the other side, when you're on a losing streak, you may lose your confidence..It effects your decisions, your picks. You're cold as ice. You may not make healthy decisions.

After a disastrous streak, you may even don't want to make picks..

Conclusion

Developping a handicapping model or a betting system is not the whole thing. You gotta stick with it! Remember, zero emotions. Believe me, sticking with your system/model is harder then developping it! Seriously..

Greed is not good. Greed is evil. Patience is golden. Patience is the key. Make sure you got these four elements..

* Patience
* Discipline
* Bankroll
* A Plan (Handicapping Model/System)

And numbers will take care of the rest. I wish you all a profitable season.

Take care,

Sawyer