Originally posted on 12/01/2011:

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlanta Steam View Post
4th best team in the BIG TEN??? Try the 5th or perhaps 6th best team...

1. Wisconsin
2. Michigan State
3. Michigan
4. Nebraska

Penn State beat Ohio State but I would guess if OSU had a coach with half a brain (which they will now) they would beat PSU 7 out or 10 games...

The fact of the matter is... everyone is going off the SEC's past history and the two programs history (LSU and Bama)....

When you look deep into it Bama while excellent on defense is very average on offense and frankly they SEC was damn near attrocious this year... Florida, Miss St, Ole Miss, Kentucky, Auburn, Vandy, South Carolina (post Marcus L) and Tennessee might have all finished in the or lower half of the Big 12 this year... There was NO GAUNTLET to run in the SEC this year... it was soft, soft, soft.

The best out of conference wins this year (save Oregon) were against West Virginia, Texas A&M and Penn State... West Virginia may lose the Big East to Louisville... a team that lost to FIU and Marshall at home...

This is the same West Virginia that put up over 500 yards of offense on LSU.... had it not been for 4 stupid and preventable turnovers (yes I know it takes skill to take the ball away) that was a ball game the whole way...

As for Arkansas' win over A&M... they were beaten down the entire game and then the Aggies puked the game up for the Hogs in the 4th Q...

All I am saying is... there is really no data from this season that tells us that the SEC deserves both teams in the game, other years perhaps but not this one... The game would be much better if Oklahoma State was in it against LSU...

Also.... watch for LSU to slip up this weekend... everyone is already telling them that they are in the game win or lose... UGA can move the ball and has been rock solid on D since game 3...

of the 3 actual offenses that LSU played this year all of them moved the ball on them... they just coughed the ball up a the worst moments... don't be shocked if UGA keeps this close...

Also... just because my name is HOTLANTA... don't think I have any affiliation with the Dawgs... I am a midwestern boy through and through...
in all fairness man...i don't think it is right to take away from what bama has done this year. they lost 1 game. bama fans in here have been terrible, and have really bashed the other schools in the mix and said stupid things. i fell into this fight this week and starting shooting back at bama...but it is not right. truth of the matter is all the one loss teams and houston can make a gripe about the system. there are a lot of really stupid people in this forum that will come in after this and say something stupid, or something hateful about one of the other teams...but you have to remember they don't represent the majority of bama fans or sec fans, and they for sure don't represent the good kids on the bama team. all of those kids have seen tragedy as well recently...and it should not be used in a debate about a football game that matters so little in comparison. this entire debate has opened my eyes to the corrupt bcs system, and what is happening to college athletics. it has started to take away some of my love for the game i have loved since i could walk. not because ostate won't be in the nc if they win bedlam...but because in reading up to make good points in this debate i have learned what a horrible and corrupt system is controlling this game, and what kind of filthy crooks are cashing in on the efforts of these kids. may sound dramatic or whatever...but fans really need to open their eyes to what is happening. i no longer think i even give a shit who plays in the nc game...because people somewhere will be able to debate the champion no matter who it is. there is really no right or fair answer as to who should play for it, other than lsu...only a lot of loudmouths thinking their opinion matters more than others. i say gl to whoever plays in the game, because i know there will be plenty of good kids on each team who do deserve it.