Best Unit Play. Take #213 Buffalo (+3) over N.Y. Giants (1 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 17)
This play is from my 411 System.

The Bills shouldn't be getting points here! I think that Buffalo is the better team in this game and I am looking for an outright winner. The Giants have been outplayed over the last two weeks by two bad teams, Arizona and Seattle. They were fortunate that a bad call helped them beat the Cardinals and then they lost by 11 points as a double-digit favorite last week to the Seahawks and their backup quarterback. The Bills have been the best team in the league at forcing turnovers and this week they are playing against a Giants team that has a tendency to turn the ball over a lot. The Bills have won and covered all three of their games as an underdog this year. The Giants are just 4-10 ATS as a home favorite and right now I don't think that they are playing very good football. I think that the Bills will keep the momentum going.

Real Good Unit Play. Take #209 Carolina (+4) over Atlanta (1 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 17)

I think that the Panthers have a good chance of winning this game outright. They have played Chicago, New Orleans and Green Bay very tough this year. They have lost those three games by just an average of five points per game and those are some of the best teams in the conference. We bet against Atlanta last week and they didn't come to play against the Packers. I think that there will be a letdown from that game and I think that they are going to take the Panthers lightly. But Cam Newton has this offense playing well and Carolina has covered four straight spreads. I think the Panthers are playing with more confidence right now and just like the Buffalo game I think that the better team is getting the points.

Strong Unit Play. Take #212 Cincinnati (-7) over Indianapolis (1 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 17)

The Bengals are starting to build up a strong resume this year. They are 3-2 and this is a game that they need to win if they are going to compete with the Steelers and the Ravens. Cincinnati has one of the best defenses in the league and with Cedric Benson and A.J. Green they have two big-time playmakers that can take the pressure off their rookie quarterback. The Colts are 0-5 and they are already talking about whether or not they would draft Andrew Luck with the top pick. This team already knows that it is not getting to the playoffs and right now Indy is one of the worst teams in the league. Curtis Painter has not played well and is completing less than 49 percent of his passes. Now he is on the road and I don't think that the results will be any better. Cincinnati is 7-1 ATS in its last eight games overall and should be good for a blowout winner for me here.

Strong Unit Play. Take #206 Washington (+1) over Philadelphia (1 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 17)

Once again the wrong team is favored. The public loves this Eagles team and they refuse to believe that the Dream Team can be as bad as their record. But this Eagles team is bad and they have not played well at all this year. The Redskins are coming off a bye and they have had two weeks to prepare for this division rival. The Eagles are on the road for the third time in four weeks and there has already been finger-pointing going on in the locker room and in the media. Their season is falling apart and I don't think that they have done anything to deserve to be a favorite in this situation against a 3-1 Washington team. The Eagles are 1-6 ATS as a favorite and they are 4-10-1 ATS as a road favorite of less than a field goal. The underdog is 6-2-1 ATS in the last nine meetings and I think Washington gets the cash.

Good Unit Play. Take 'Under' 40.5 Jacksonville at Pittsburgh (1 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 17)

The Steelers defense should dominate this game. Pittsburgh will stack the line and focus on Maurice Jones-Drew and they will try to make the Jaguars passing offense beat them. That is not going to work out well for Jacksonville in this game. The Jags are only averaging 12 points per game and they are one of the worst offenses in the NFL. Pittsburgh should dominate them with one of the best defenses in the game. This matchup reminds me of the Jaguars-Jets game in Week 2. Jacksonville lost that game 32-3 and was never a threat. I expect the same thing here. Before last week's 38 points the Steelers hadn't topped 24 points yet this year. I don't think that they will beat this number by themselves and I don't see the Jaguars managing more than 6-9 points. Take 'under' here.

Best Unit Play. Take #221 New Orleans (-4) over Tampa Bay (4 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 17)
This play is from my 411 System and it is my Game of the Week.

New Orleans is the best team in the AFC South and I think that they are going to prove it again this week. Tampa Bay lost 48-3 last week in San Francisco and I think that is the type of loss that really shakes a team's confidence. They do not look like a team that has the same edge that they did last year when they were an up-and-coming team that was a heavy underdog each week. I don't think that they are playing well with expectations. The Saints won 31-6 in this matchup last year and they are 4-2 ATS in their last six meetings. The road team is 13-3 ATS in this series. Drew Brees is completing almost 70 percent of his passes this year and he is playing at a very high level. I think that he will pick apart a Tampa defense that couldn't stop Alex Smith and Tampa Bay last week. Take the Saints here and look for a double-digit winner for our side!

Good Unit Play. Take #219 Dallas (+7) over New England (4 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 17)
The Cowboys were able to get healthy over their bye week and I think that they will come out sharp in this game. The New England defense is still one of the worst in the league and I think that they will have their hands full with Dallas now that Miles Austin is back. The Cowboys have played nine straight games that have been decided by three points or less and I think that they will stay within the points here in another close game. The Cowboys are 6-0 ATS as an underdog and they are 5-2-1 ATS in their last eight games against a team with a winning record. They will do enough here to make this number stick.

Pts. Appreciated