Originally posted on 10/12/2011:

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
Have you ever taken a step back and thought about what you do here with your useless threads and stupid line movement threads. You spend 12 hours a day looking at line movement. And the point? To unload a $20 bet. Why you bother scrambling to your computer to post useless threads asking why did a line drop 3 cents and then go on asking people why it happened?
Why do you care what someone bets?

About 3 weeks ago I made about $700 in five days betting $20-60 a game. I'll gladly take a profit of a few hundred dollars betting small over a loss of thousands betting big.

It's better to bet $20 and win than is to bet $1000 and lose.

Moreover, no one on this site is a professional sports bettor. If they were, they wouldn't be here trying to prove how awesome they are. I do this fun and aim to come out on top. So far I have. I'm up about 2k over the past year, about $500 on my spreadsheet since I started keep track a couple of months ago. Yes, make fun of me because it's only a measly 2k. I don't care. I do this for fun.

Likewise, I'm up $2800 in the past year playing $6 heads up games at Bodog. Goto sharkscope.com and look it up. Pretty amazing you can make 3k while only playing $6 games....

I have a real job during the day. That is my income source. I don't need to bet big on games and then stress out during them to make sure there is food on the table and my mortgage is paid.

You shouldn't think less of someone just because they choose not to piss away all of their money betting on something they have no control over.

Anyway, carry on.