$$$$Play. Take #346 Georgia Tech (-6.5) over North Carolina (Noon, Saturday, Sept. 24)
Georgia Tech has the No. 1 offense in the nation right now for total yards and for scoring. Paul Johnson just continues to do excellent work and just like when he was at Navy he has one of the most underrated teams in the nation. Tech has won five of the last six meetings and have won 8 of 10 in this series. North Carolina is also leaving its home state for the first time this year after two unimpressive wins over Rutgers and Virginia. This is a step up in class for the Tar Heels and I don't think that this program is headed in as good a direction as Georgia Tech. Johnson's guys may not reach 50 points again this week but they will outscore an inexperienced UNC attack and pick up a sweet cash for us.
$$Play. Take #378 Utah State (-9) over Colorado State (8 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 24)
This is a perfect spot for Utah State. They gained a lot of confidence with their great game at Auburn, even though they lost a heartbreaker. They didn't have a letdown with a 37-point win against Weber State and then the Aggies got two weeks off to prepare for this clash with Colorado State. The Rams are coming off a very emotional game last week in a loss to in-state rival Colorado. It is always tough to bounce back after a huge Rivalry game like that. It is even tougher to do it by going on the road against a team that had a bye last week. This one should be all Aggies.
$$$Play. Take #360 Oregon State (-4.5) over UCLA (3:30 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 24)
The Bruins were blown out at home last week against Texas and so far this season has been a mess for UCLA. They lost to Houston, were blown out by Texas, and their only win was just a 10-point win over San Jose. Oregon State has had two weeks to prepare for this game and they want to bounce back from their embarrassing loss at Wisconsin. I think that Mike Riley will have his team ready to play more than Rick Nueheisel, who may not make it to the end of the year. Oregon State has revenge for a tough loss last year and the home team is 4-2 in the last six meetings. This number is on the move for a reason and I think as long as we grab it before it hits 6.0 we are getting good value.
$$Play. Take #352 Clemson (-2.5) over Florida State (3:30 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 24)
It has to be nearly impossible for Florida State to pick itself up off the deck. They were playing in one of the biggest games of the year last weekend at home against Oklahoma. ESPN was there and FSU lost a close game late. Now they have to hit the road and take on a Clemson team that is fresh off a revenge win over Auburn. All of the momentum is on the home team here and I think that Florida State gets floored.
$$$$$$Play. Take #419 Arizona (-3) over Seattle (4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 25)
This play is from the 411 System and it is my NFL Game of the Month.

I think that Seattle is one of the worst teams in football. I know that they have a big home field advantage. But even the best home field advantage is only as good as the players that are actually playing on the field. The Seahawks were shutout last week and they only managed 17 points against San Francisco in Week 1. Their offense is not moving with Tarvaris Jackson and they are starting to have a quarterback controversy. Arizona has double-revenge here after being swept by the Seahawks last season. They have already gotten a win under their belts and they went out and played Washington tough on the road last week. They put up a much better effort in a tough spot on the road than the Seahawks did. This play also comes down to quarterback play. The Cardinals have the better quarterback in Kevin Kolb and the best player on the field in Larry Fitzgerald. I think that Arizona is the best team in this division right now and here is a chance for them to make a statement.
$$$$Play. Take #421 Green Bay (-3.5) over Chicago (4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 25)
This play is from the 411 System.

The Packers have just far exceeded the Bears. I know that these teams played three close games last year but I think that Green Bay just keeps improving and I do not think that Chicago is as good as they were in 2010. The Bears are off a blowout loss in New Orleans last weekend and the Packers are a team that can put the same type of pressure on with their passing agme and with their blitzing. Chicago's offensive line can't block and can't protect the quarterback. The last time they faced the Packers Jay Cutler was knocked out of the game and I could see the same thing happening. Green Bay is 10-3 ATS in its last 13 trips to Chicago and they are 5-2 both SU and ATS in the last seven meetings. This number is short and you need to jump on it now. Because it will be 4.0 by Saturday and should be up to 4.5 by kickoff. Great value on the better team and I think that the Packers win this one going away.
$$$Play. Take #410 Carolina (-3.5) over Jacksonville (1 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 25)
Jacksonville will be starting rookie quarterback Blaine Gabbert this weekend in Carolina. The Panthers now have the edge at the QB position because Cam Newton has already gotten the jitters out after two games and he has been brilliant in those pair of games against Arizona and Green Bay. Carolina looked great last week while building a 13-0 lead over Carolina. If the Panthers are good enough to take it to the defending Super Bowl champions like that they should have more than enough here to dominate a bad Jaguars team. Newton will keep it going against the worst defense that he has faced yet and I like the home team to win this one big.
$$$Play. Take #398 Buffalo (+9.5) over New England (1 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 25)
The Bills are ready to compete! After getting blown out many times over the last several years the Bills have their best team yet and they are ready to compete with the Patriots. Orchard Park will be rocking this weekend when Tom Brady comes to town. That extra energy will help to keep the momentum from last weekend's last-second win over Oakland. The Patriots will be taking all of the action in this game but I will side with the books on this one. Buffalo may not win but I expect them to hang around in the fourth quarter and they will take advantage of a weak New England secondary to get some points on the board. This one stays within the number. Take the points.
$$$$. Take #396 Cincinnati (-2.5) over San Francisco (1 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 25)
The Bengals have quietly put themselves in a position to earn a tie for the AFC North lead after three weeks. This team was able to get rid of a lot of guys with bad attitudes during the offseason and I think that they have better chemistry in the locker room. After two straight road games I think that the Bengals will get a big boost from being at home. San Francisco has to travel across the country and is playing in a big letdown spot. They had Dallas beaten and could have gone to 2-0. But they gave that game away late and now they have no motivation for this game here against the Bengals. I like the home team to win by a touchdown.
$$Play. Take #413 New York Jets (-3) over Oakland (4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 25)
The Jets defense looks the best that it has in three years. I think that they are going to shut down the Oakland running game just like it was able to shut down Jacksonville's strong running game last week. This Jets team is physical and won't have a problem pushing the Raiders around. Oakland has gotten outgained in both of its games and was fortunate to get a win in Denver in Week 1. They should be 0-2. This team collaposed last week in Buffalo and gave away that game in the second half. If they can be outplayed like that and shoot themselves in the foot like that against a bad Buffalo team they will get beaten by a good Jets team. The Jets are 12-5 ATS in their last 17 road games and this team is 6-1 ATS as a road favorite. The Raiders have been one of the worst bets in football for a decade and I don't think anything has changed. The Raiders are just 5-21-2 ATS as an underdog of 3.0 or less.