Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
this is one of those beauty games that perpetuates all the myths about sports gambling and how people look at it.

They look atthe final score and think it was a blow out. But LSU got more than half their points of oregon mistakes not things they did well. They got a muffed punt, and 2 fumbled snaps that basically killed oregon's confidence and changed the game completely. So hard to handicap turnovers, and how they effect the game. But Oregon was better statistically than LSU was, the score just didnt show it. Now I know people will get on the RB for Ore, but seriously you get down 20 in 3 minutes dueto turnovers your rushing options become limited. So then you start relying on the guy who put you in that hole in the first place.

The first half was played pretty even, without a muffed punt Oregon might have taken over that first half. hard to say. Then the third quarter and the wheels just fell off. You get a bunch of 3 throws and yourout and that is it LSU just strangled them. Then they go for 4th and 5 in their own territory and they give up the TD and thats where it was really over. Down 10 with 9 minutes and you go for it in your own territory? Meh thats what happens with so many turnovers.

In the end it doesnt mattr just looks like an LSU blowout for the guys who liked LSU and an oregon meltdown for everyone else. LSU gets buried when they meet teams that are halfway decent and dont hand them the game. But with so many distractions this week that game was just what the doctor ordered.

I didnt bet the game so no difference to me, but just the way I look at a game that unfolded like that one did.
Excuses are a pathetic way for a loser to feel better about himself. Just admit you were wrong and leave the 15 paragraphs for your English professor to read over. LSU FORCED THOSE TURNOVERS. That's what happens with a good defense. You can't just give credit to the offense and say that they handed the game to LSU. LSU stripped the ball from Oregon runners and FORCED turnovers to win the game. End of discussion