Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
The initial post was just made to drive traffic. No one in this country truly believes Obama is a great President. I would venture even he doesn't. He talked about all this change, and beyond changing the level of the national debt, as well as the speed with which it increases, not much really has changed. We keep tinkering on the breech of another recession, businesses are FLUSH with cash, but terrified to spend it because there is so much turmoil in the political ranks, they can't chance another recession killing off all their projects. So what has changed? You say the rich are getting richer - and many are - especially those with the funds to trade on volatility (most traders I know are again having epic years). You want to close those loopholes, get some stability. He was a VERY weak President all along, and never had the backing in either party to get anything done. He tried to push through a extremely democratic agenda when he first got in, which pissed off all the Repubs, and now that the Repubs can block everything he is doing, it is just leading to stalemate and uncertainty.

I work for a top 4 consulting firm, my wife works for one of the leading temporary staffing firms. Both my company and her company are having banner years. My group, which is a VERY small part of the firm, has openings in every office - we are working so hard to find anyone that can help drive our business. My wife's firm has been placing people non-stop at companies around the world, some temporary and some temp to hire. Why do you think it is that businesses are spending gobs of money on temp help and consultants? It is because they need to improve their business but are scared to bring on permanent help in this economy. From my vantage point, which is just one data point out of the tens of smart people we have on this board to supplement the thousands of idiots, but from my vantage point, if we can get any stability in the political arena, the economy can easily come out of this hole we are in. And it won't matter who is in the White House, as long as both parties are willing to work together.

So I clearly don't believe that Obama has been great, or even good, but I also understand that it really isn't his fault. He was a puppet from day one. We need a strong president in the white house, one our country can really rally behind. Obama isn't that man, hopefully in the next few months we are able to find someone who will be!!!
so the obstuction of the house tea baggers had nothing to do with it? the S&P report clearly states the gamesmanship from the pukies by taking the debt ceiling hostage and to the brink, along with the unwillingness to raise revenues were the reasons for the downgrade. this hostage taking fiasco is the major reason for uncertainty over the last few months. if it had been a clean debt ceiling raise, the markets wouldn't have tanked. Thanks to the Tea Party downgrade the economy has just about been derailed. Even this could've been avoided if the the tea bigots had agreed to the 4.7T in cuts that Obama had on the table.

the problem lies with the extremists in the deuche bag puke party, who from day one set out to obstruct to make Obama a one termer. Helll, even McConnell openly admitted after the midterms it was his number one goal. Obama has bent over backwards for these assclowns but the d-bag pukes in the house are unwilling to cooperate.