It was an older study. But looking at a study from 2011 (attached), the tables indicate bookie lines are even more efficient. "Remarkably" efficient, according to the study. There simply isn't enough wiggle room, according to the tables, to beat the vig. Even the study sited in another thread indicates the difference in line efficiency is very small.

If you're beating the line, god bless you. But with variance being the beast it is, luck can help you as much as skill. Are any of you familiar with Forbes' DART system of stock picking? They threw darts at the S&P500 stock table. The stocks the hit have consistently beat the S&P500 for several years. And how about that deal where the market goes down when the AFC wins the Super Bowl, or something like that? As I recall, That was a 14 year run until a couple years ago. I could go on.

I picked stocks and options for years with a lot of luck. The savvy investors have a foolproof credo: "It works until it doesn't." My point is, if you have fun with it, do it. Maybe the money will follow. But don't take yourself too seriously.