Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
just curious WHAT it was about the Ticats that had you feeling that confident to make such a large play on a winless team? I mean I know the Riders haven't been too shit hot, but to unload on a team who had only scored 26 points through its first 2 games, you musta had a good reason for the confidence.

Good job on the play!
My opinion was that the offense was waiting for a shitty Defense team to go rank on... I believed that in the first 2 games they played the best/2nd best Defense in the league in Winnipeg ... and the second game they played a top half Defense in Edmonton (We see now), but on top of that it was a road game in a storm... I felt good at this play in not even having to give 3 points on top of it all.

In my writeup I said Ivor Wynn is where offenses go to die, and sure enough, the right offense absolutely played horrendous, while again not stopping anyone... worked out this time...

Then again to remind myself at how my intuition sucks, I also thought BC would score more than 16 points and lost big... Wow was that a donkeycall... 3 games in I'm still not sure of Edmonton... They look incredible, but knowing what we know now 3 games later, they beat a Shitty Rider team (Allbeit in Regina), and played a really good game in the rain.. But I also personally cap those weather games more or less with a lower weight, similar to horses which I used to bet... toss out the race in the rain because it's not a true indicator as to a teams ability, or the opponents lack of ability in shitty conditions... And now we see BC is pretty much terrible, with a sketchy Defense, and a bad offense with bad recievers, and no running game as per their sketchy offense line.

Not that you asked, but so far, I see Montreal the clear cream of the crop with three dominating wins (BC came close due to Montreal's one bad half of football in 3 games) ... and really, I think Edmonton and Winnipeg are all a very distant second-third in no particular order. Maybe edge to Winnipeg with their D...Maybe Edge to Edmonton with their O? Calgary fourth on pure potential and still being 2-1.

I would then say in my power ratings Hamilton, Toronto, BC, and Saskatchewan would in order be my own power rankings....