Originally posted on 04/29/2011:

today was a good day. i stopped by a top 20 trainers (at yonkers) stables to see a friend who works there. since i was in the area picking up siding for a bitch of a replacement job i figured it'd put me in the right mood so to speak. being there for me is like being in the locker room with the flyers and fillies-er ah, phillies
anyway, i stopped by with 5 mcd's coffee's. shot the chit with the guys for 10 or 15 min. and told them i had to get going when the head honcho downed the last drop of the coffee and told me to follow him. he picked up the 2 seater bike on the side of the barn and hooked up the pacer next in line for the daily training session. "i told you i was going to take you for a jog next time you came up now get in the phuckin bike", he said. "i only pet 'em and bet 'em boss, but if you insist" i couldnt believe that my first experience with a horse would be on a 3/8th's private track behind a lifetime winner of close to 3/4 mil $ after a few trips around the track(trotting) & having some of the best conversation i can recall he slowly handed me the reins....there i was freakin driving a real, live, racing tomorrow for more than i'll probably make this year, pacing mare!!!!! i had her swervin' a lil bit and i think she knew a total rookie was at the wheel so i was quickly shown who was really in charge. it felt like we were really rolling as she hit the race stride (pacing) and started gaining speed. he did tell me to pull back on her more than once...not like i meant to hit the gas on his super killer/cool/expensive "sports car".
it made the chitful siding repair job later in the morning a lil less miserable. (ie: smile you couldnt remove with a grinder)
so...anyone ever seen a 6'4"-225lb gorilla make a living piloting sulkies? lemme know, eh?