Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Will Randy Moss Retire?

Sh*t I hope not, he didn't do squat last year but look at the teams he was playing for... I wonder where he'll play this coming season... My guess is he might end up playing some where like KC which I think would be a good match for him... I just hope he doesn't retire.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

rams with mcdaniel as oc is a good fit for him, if he want to catch 50 balls per season, otherwise not a lot of clubs want him

Dax

Yeah I agree he'd do well with the Rams too... didn't consider them... hmmm now that I think of it the Texans could use him too to have a triple threat with Andre Johnson and TE Owen Daniels...

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Too bad Moss already burned his bridges in Oakland, Raiders seem like a natural fit.

KC is a fit, where Moss already has a history with Cassel. KC is a WR away from really putting something together.

Rams are an option where Moss has a history with OC Josh McDaniels. Rams are also a WR away from being very competitive.

Bears need a WR. Cutler might be a good QB to get Moss the ball, Martz seems perfect to tap the Moss potential.

Chargers could fit. Rivers should be able to get Moss the ball and keep him in line, Norv knows how to use the deep threat.

Redskins might be a last resort if nobody else will touch Moss.
    Last edited by slacker00; 03-09-11 at 02:11 PM.

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

if things work out for him to go to one of these teams and make some cash he might stay but he has alrety finished his prime in his career and might retire just for lack of caring to do any more than he alrety has

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's interesting to see Moss will go to Jets

walshy83
    walshy83's Avatar Become A Pro!

Moss, is to me is just one of the interesting story lines for the upcoming NFL season in the fall..(if there is one).

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by uhuhahah View Post
    It's interesting to see Moss will go to Jets
    I thought about Moss to the Jets, but I just can't see it. New York is a bad place for a malcontent, the media would skewer him within a month. That's if his own team didn't do it first. I don't see a Rex Ryan coached defensive-oriented team putting up with an offensive prima dona. Remember, Rex comes from the fine stock of Buddy Ryan who once threw a punch at Offensive Coordinator Kevin Gilbride in the middle of a game on national TV while he was defensive coordinator at Houston. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPK3cDl7Ftw Randy wants no part of that. Besides that, NYJ run a ball-control run-oriented offense, not a good fit for Moss on a variety of levels.

CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont see why I team woud want him

Gilly86
    Gilly86's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd say he still has the talent for a 10+ TD season, but the effort/attitude will never be there again. If only one single team was willing to grab him on a waiver, he had to have realized it was his last chance; and he still didn't do jack shit.

You'd be hard pressed to find a more talented athlete that was a bigger head-case than 84.

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

moss gonna go play in dallas...

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Rams probably or detroit

makaveli66
    makaveli66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Na, Moss ain't leavin folks. One of the greatest receivers of all time. Stop hatin.

iwantcougars

Rams still the best choice for him, since mcdaniel like pass-happy offense, i'm sure he'll like to put big numbers so he can get back to HC job soon, but he'll have to accept that he will have a reduced playrole, and will be more a deep treat than everything, the question is bradford mature enough to keep control in the lockerroom.

Texans- nope Andre J, wont let him, and he has a lot of leverage with texans FO.

Chargers - wont Vjax, Floyd and Gate is a heck of Receiver corp, he wont fit there.

Chiefs - I could see him here, but he knows he must block, since they arent passhappy offense, but i dont see at this point wanting to adapt to that role.

Redskins - Will fit there nicely with the other Moss, but Shanahan wont pull the trigger due Haynesworth incident, so it's unlikely.

Jets- only if they cant sign holmes or edwards, and dont draft a wr, that's he only chance, but again they're more run first and play action attack, and he doesnt like to block.

Browns - could benefit from having moss, but it's a medium shot.

iwantcougars

btw i can see TO going to the redskins or jets more likely than moss

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Randy will never have a ring

Raleigh77
    Raleigh77's Avatar Become A Pro!

If he wants to play, he'll get offers.

zoso11871
    zoso11871's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2334

I highly doubt he'll retire. There are plenty of teams he could work with.

Frostware
    Frostware's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5433

Cant see him being done... I hope not.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1932

Moss and TO should join the Jets, the Jets have a lack of offense.

hothandsmgee
    hothandsmgee's Avatar Become A Pro!

I he wants to play there will be teams willing to sign him

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I don't think anyone wants the headache. I think he needs to get his head out of his ass to be a productive receiver again in the NFL. He just wasn't the same this year no matter where he played. He just doesn't care anymore. I think when no one comes knocking on his door, he might change his attitude... Which would be good for his career.
    Such a waste of talent, he could've been the best of all time at the position.

darren125
    darren125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I agree, plenty of teams will want him.

iwantcougars

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    I don't think anyone wants the headache. I think he needs to get his head out of his ass to be a productive receiver again in the NFL. He just wasn't the same this year no matter where he played. He just doesn't care anymore. I think when no one comes knocking on his door, he might change his attitude... Which would be good for his career.
    Such a waste of talent, he could've been the best of all time at the position.
    100% agreed, i think he still has 2/3 decent productive years (40-55 recs, 800yds, 7td seasons), and could retire in a high note

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLc View Post
    Randy will never have a ring
    Most NFL players never get a ring, including all-time geat WRs: Cris Carter, Tim Brown, Terrell Owens, Andre Reed, James Lofton, Steve Largent, Henry Ellard, etc.

It's more about being on the right team at the right time than being a great player.

JakeLc

And some players waste talent and opportunities. Randy will be w/out a ring.

slacker00

And some players waste talent and opportunities. Randy will be w/out a ring.
    153 career receiving TDs (tied with Owens at 2nd in NFL history to Jerry Rice)

14,858 career receiving yards (5th in NFL history, he'll move up into 3rd with another 350 yards behind Rice & Owens)

Yes, what a waste of talent and opporunities. Too bad he wasted his opportunites or he'd have a ring.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

he'll be playing for someone in 2011. unless he completely burned his bridges in new england, i wouldn't be shocked to see him come back on a 1 year incentive laden deal. you never know what bill is really thinking.

walshy83
    walshy83's Avatar Become A Pro!

It would be interesting to see if he came back here to New England, but i find it highly unlikely. But hey, stranger things have happened.

JakeLc

Nice numbers and his NFL career will end with him being ringless

Rookie-Capper
    Rookie-Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3446

Wasnt he retired last year oh right he just disappeared on the field

slacker00

Nice numbers and his NFL career will end with him being ringless
    So, at least you're retracting the statement about "waste talent and opportunities". Just it admit when you're wrong.

Raleigh77
    Raleigh77's Avatar Become A Pro!

He likes money, he wont retire.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by walshy83 View Post
    It would be interesting to see if he came back here to New England, but i find it highly unlikely. But hey, stranger things have happened.
    true, but nobody outside of the team knows what really went on behind the scenes. if he is still in bill's good graces i know that is where he wants to be playing. allows them to develop tate and use welker in slot. he still has something left in tank and knows the system.

Dax

Randy has spoken:

He's is not done playing football.

"I want to play football," Moss said. "If it's the Cleveland Browns, Seattle Seahawks, Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots -- wherever it is man, I just want somebody to respect what I do."

I say Belichick gives him another shot... at least a one year deal...

12 Last