Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Conspiracy Theory

I had the Falcons, so no complaint here, but doesn't it seem odd that Kevin Mathis is suddenly out for the year with a knee injury after not even playing against the Eagles? I've got no inside information or anything, but it seems possible that Mora or someone, knowing that Mathis would be sidelined because of an injury, suggested that he pick a fight with Jeremiah Trotter (a combustible and important member of the other team who they could count on for a reaction), hoping both would be ejected, since Mathis would not be available anyway.

I could easily be way off base here, but the timing is rather fishy. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

sounds possible to me. Anyway you can get an edge in this league is important.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very plausible theory and something I would not put past the brilliant mind of Coach Mora.

Senator 7

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Mathis got injured on Wednesday, two days AFTER the incident, so I don't think it was part of a master plan. Like the way you think though, lol.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I understand that, I was just thinking maybe they already knew about the injury, and didn't release the information until later. I'm sure you're right that it's nothing, but just wanted to reiterate my thought process.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I understand what you're saying, great theory.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    I understand that, I was just thinking maybe they already knew about the injury, and didn't release the information until later. I'm sure you're right that it's nothing, but just wanted to reiterate my thought process.
    Too many people would have to be involved or know that it was going to transpire = way too much risk for the Falcons to risk that to get Trotter ejected.

scottric
    scottric's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the way you think too. I think some teams in the NBA have that point of view (bring in the 12th man and piss off the other team's star to get him tossed). However, if they could just make it like the NHL and have people fight it out, that would be all good.

My sources do tell me Karl Rove was involved...

OldeTymePlaya
    OldeTymePlaya's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wish I thought of that.