MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Packers Pass D Is Light Years Ahead Of Last Year [Cheese and Wine after the game]

The Packers will have huge issues running against the Steelers front seven.I am one who is impressed by what James Starks has done,but ready to say he is the answer.The Packers are going to need to run the ball to help Rodgers with the play-action.They are tough and get after it better than anyone in the league.That being said, I really believe that the Packers will be able to throw against the Steelers (ie Week 15 of 2009) if they are able to keep the pass rush at bay.Aaron Smith is most likely going to play for the first time in months, so the task gets immediately more complicated.I think playing in a controlled environment will allow Rodgers to have a heck of a game.Troy Polamalu is going to have two weeks to get back to 100%,you could tell he wasn't on top of his game this week.

The Steelers defense is very difficult,but it wont be anything the Packers haven't seen before.Its the Super Bowl so there is more information about this game than it probably warrants.Still with an estimate of 10 billion dollars being wagered clearly the Big Game is big business for the books.But with so much scrutiny how do you get an edge though is the Packers-Steelers gambling conundrum.Some say props are the way to go and you can bet on everything including how long the national anthem will be.I tend to agree but sometimes the props are over and done with so quickly that watching the game becomes pretty boring.I say for this one play it old school and just pick the straight up winner.If you are on GB you get a decent payout (1.74) and if you like the Steelers you can double your money (2.15) don’t see that happening!..Why??.... Packers pass D is light years ahead of last year when we had a ST only guy playing nickel and a street FA from 2 weeks earlier playing dime!Bush and Bell should never have been on the field last year for anything other than ST! Steelers were w/o Polamalu in the vs Pack last year and we all know what kind of a difference maker he can be.Packers w/ Williams,Wood and Shields can match up man to man w/ your WR and do a good job of holding them in check.On the other hand I don’t see you being able to match our WR depth nearly as well, even w/ Polamalu… Unless you harrass Rodgers into playing un-Rodgers like, I see it being an advantage for the Pack!Don’t see either team running the ball very well, so thats a wash… Punting and Field Position might be the deciding factor in a relatively low scoring game! 21-17 one way or the other. Cheese and Wine after the game… LOL

PS. Its been Great Year!!! for Threads and Posts by SBR members !!!. I want Personal Thank all the members for some Great Write-ups & Posts,Replys on My Thread's for NFL season & Scott Kellen of SixthSenseSports,Zach Rosenfield of Accuscore, and professional handicapper John Ryan, who have given great analysis,advice from Experts SRB Roundtalble& SBR Staff for a Great Year!!!.Good Luck On Your Superbowl Pick Every One!!!!!!!!!!!

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Green Bay entered the 2011 NFL playoffs as a wildcard team,but they beat-up Philadelphia in the Wildcard Round at cityof brotherly love,manhandled Atlanta in the Divisional Round, and defeated the Bears in bad weather in the NFC Championship to earn a berth in Super Bowl XLV ...That's why they will win!!!!!!

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Steelers allow only 62.8 yards per game on the ground. It’s obvious that Super Bowl line odds makers believe the Packers’ wide receivers will have a big impact on the game because 45 ˝ points is a lot of points in a contest between the 2nd ranked D in the league, Pittsburgh, and the 5th ranked D in the league,Green BayThe line for Super Bowl total of 45 ˝ will go either up or down depending on how sports handicappers view Green Bay’s passing game versus Pittsburgh’s secondary.I’m not ready to say how much of an impact Green Bay’s wide receivers will have on the total assigned to the game.What I am ready to say is that if the total stays at over 45,that most football bettors believe Green Bay’s wide receivers are going to be very effective versus the Steelers’ D because Green Bay’s best shot (only shot?)of putting points on the board on February 6th is through their passing game.

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Harry, always appreciate your write ups, i hope you cash this and you come back next year with the same quality picks

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Harry, I've broken down the Packers pass D over and over the past few weeks and "light years" is a clear exaggeration. You are comparing the nickle and dime corners for God's sakes. Shields had a nice game against Chicago's 3rd string QB, but the guy is an undrafted free agent who has barely been on the field except special teams and certain defensive packages. You don't even name the current dime corner. Why? There isn't really one, guys like Bush, Lee, Underwood get in there occasionally but nobody has really tested their corner depth this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Pitts spreads it out and does exactly what they did last time. I guess if you want to crown Shields, that's your prerogative, but he's unproven and is kinda riding the hype of intercepting Caleb Hanie to win that game.

If you want to talk about Free Agents coming in off the street, look at some guys that will be on the field for the Packers defense on Sunday: Walden, Francois, Green were all available as free agents to any team that wanted them in late October and early November. The Packers will be starting all kinds of rookies and free agents tomorrow (Zombo & Peprah for example). Your writeup doesn't mention any of those guys.

I think the real sensation for the Packers is that they've been able to surive the injuries. To say that they're actually a better team because they are playing 2nd, 3rd and even 4th string players at some positions on defense is just silly. To say that they are "light years" ahead of last year is ridiculous.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

THANK YOU SMOGS, I WISH YOU VERY BEST ALSO.AND GOOD LUCK ON THE SUPERBOWL

DaProfessor23
    DaProfessor23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

love the write up . im going to buy half a point and take steelers +3.5

MR.HARRYtheHAT

NICE COMMENTARY SLACKER00, I ALWAYS APPRECIATE GOOD ANALYSIS ON MY THREADS With three solid secondary defenders in Shields,Tramon Williams and Charles Woodson,Capers is able to run aggressive man-to-man coverages and create clever defensive zone packages that require discipline.When Rodgers struggled in the second halves of their playoff games,the defense never let the contests get out of reach.The Packers' defense didn't get the headlines during the regular season,but they had been on the grand stage for the past month and now the world is hip to how good they really are.Brandon Jackson was a 2nd round pick in 2007.He wasn't signed after Ryan Grant got hurt.And the Packers were not handled by the Patriots,Packers> winning most of that game James Starks was a 6th round pick in the draft and wasn't added after the season started. Same w/ Sam Sheilds,he was an unsigned free agent who Thompson picked up before the pre-season even started.Look for Aaron Rodgers to throw for at least two touchdowns and look for Rashard Mendenhall and The Steelers to run it in for a couple too.The key to the game will be who can break through the others defensive specialty first.Can Green Bay run against a supreme Pittsburgh run defense?Can Pittsburgh throw against a very good Green Bay pass defense?I'm going to say that I have more faith in Aaron Rodgers Greg Jennings and Donald Driver and company...Green Bay cornerbacks in Super Bowl XLV: are really good.they have one of the best corner tandems in the league,Packers have gone to a four and five-wide package at times,employing Emmanuel Sanders (rookie, 3rd round) and Antonio Brown (6th). It was Sanders, I believe, who got the final first down to beat the Jets out of a five-wide set with Antwaan Randle El..... The WR depth on their roster isn’t as dangerous ""as,say,the Packers’"",but they do line up and run those packages to try and get a mismatch on the dime or nickel corner --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Clifton,ChadT Knees LPLPFPprobable
    Driver, DonaldWR Quadricep-LPLPprobable
    Spitz, JasonC/G Calf LPLPFPprobable
    Walden, ErikLB Ankle LPLPLPquestionable
    Zombo, FrankLB Knee FPFPFPprobable

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I think it would be fun to do a thorough matchup analysis between the Pitts wideouts versus the GB wideouts.

Wallace versus Jennings (advantage Jennings)
    Wallace 60 catches 1257 yards 10 tds
    Jennings 75 catches 1265 yards 12 tds

Ward versus Driver (advantage Ward)
    Ward 59 catches 755 yards 5 tds
    Driver 51 catches 565 yards 4 tds

Sanders versus Jones (advantage Jones)
    Sanders 28 catches 376 yards 2 tds
    Jones 50 catches 679 yards 5 tds

Miller versus Quarless (advantage Miller)
    Miller 42 catches 512 yards 2 tds
    Quarless 21 yards 238 yards 1 tds

Randel El versus Nelson (advantage Nelson)
    Randel El 22 catches 253 yards 0 tds
    Nelson 45 catches 582 yards 2 tds

Brown versus Swain (advantage Brown)
    Brown 16 catches 167 yards 0 tds
    Swain 6 catches 72 yards 0 tds

Basically it's back and forth with 3 of these matchups favoring GB and 3 favoring Pitts. Most of the matchups are very close.

My point is that people seem to magnify the GB receivers while I don't hear the same about Pitts receivers which are very good.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

I AGREE

MR.HARRYtheHAT

GOOD LUCK!!ALL~! SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR WITH SOME GREAT THREADS. MY RECORD FOR NFL SEASON WITH MOST TREADS OVERALL [with and against the spread 28-7-2][ PLAYOFFS&WILDCARDS 6-2-0][ SUPERBOWL 1-0-0