DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Pounded the Falcons -1 This Morning

Wayy too much public love for the Packers. I watch ESPN I see how hyped up the Packers are.

Main reasons:
    -Public likes Packers (I rarely go with the public)
    -Atlanta had a week to rest, Packers have less than 6 days to prepare.
    -Matt Ryan, 20-2 at home in his career (believe both loses are to the Saints), 7-1 this season. The home field is real. Packers are 4-5 on the road this season (including playoffs). Not stellar.
    -This "now they have a running game" argument for the Packers is bs. That Starks guy has one good game and all the sudden they are a complete team? I don't think so. The injuries they have suffered and this MASH unit they put together will catch up with them and become evident in a tough playoff game.
    -I am comfortable with Atlanta's defense. Packers defense is better. I don't really believe that the Packers defense is amazing like how it is being portrayed in the media.
    -I realize this is a QB driven league: Aaron Rodgers is overrated. He is good, sometimes great, but in garbage time and when the game is not on the line. Really good Fantasy qb, not clutch at all. This non-clutchness is a reason the Packers lose all these close games. I think Matty Ice is a little underrated. I also think that he is believe he has the ability to be clutch at the end of the game.

I think that Atlanta should be a field goal favorite and not just a 1 point fave. I expect a 4 point win in this game.

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Agree. Atlanta's Defense is younger and faster than GB's defense...not sure if that equates to better yet but they have the potential to turn up the heat. If you watched how they terrorized Brees in the Monday night game, I believe you will see more of the same tonight...throw in some loud dome noise and we got a party. Falcons role tonight.

Jones10
    Jones10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3152

I like Atl even more with the line moving down as it is....Still a coinflip game for me so prolly not touching the two games today

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Yep. Even the most generous assessment should not bring the line below Atlanta -3 -110. If -2 1/2 was a gift, -1 is stealing.

GB is getting the curse of being a media darling. Study how that works out, historically.

mrfancy
    mrfancy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Quote Originally Posted by rockhardfister View Post
    Agree. Atlanta's Defense is younger and faster than GB's defense...not sure if that equates to better yet but they have the potential to turn up the heat. If you watched how they terrorized Brees in the Monday night game, I believe you will see more of the same tonight...throw in some loud dome noise and we got a party. Falcons role tonight.

Atlants defense is not even close toe the speed of the gb d. Atlanta's d is very questionable especially against the run. I see this being a close game and I think the lines are set properly. If gb gets its run game going with starks then the games over before it even started

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Packers are better than the last time they met falcons and the only reason they lost that is because pack fumbled on the 1 yard line. Pack win by 3-7 points.

BetWeather
    BetWeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 143

No rest for the packers. Dirty birds fly at home!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by mrfancy View Post
    Atlants defense is not even close toe the speed of the gb d. Atlanta's d is very questionable especially against the run. I see this being a close game and I think the lines are set properly. If gb gets its run game going with starks then the games over before it even started
    GB's run D is a lot more questionable than Atlanta's. Check out the stats from their last meeting, Turner had 110 yards to lead Atlanta. GB was led by Rodger's feet! Rodgers had 51 yards on 12 attempts with GB RBs only 11 attempts for 26 yards. I'm sure Atlanta would love to have concussion Rodgers running 12 times again.

Atlanta's run D has contained the league's top RBs all year: Steven Jackson, Peyton Hillis, Ray Rice, Cedric Benson, LeShaun McCoy were all non factors in those games. Even Rashad Mendenhall was held for 4 quarters before he ran off that 50 yarder in OT for the Steelers in week 1. If the Falcons have a weakness in their run D, it has yet to be exposed in 2010.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by DeluxeLiner View Post
    -I realize this is a QB driven league: Aaron Rodgers is overrated. He is good, sometimes great, but in garbage time and when the game is not on the line.
    You actually made good arguments until you said Aaron Rodgers is overrated. The overrated QB in this game is Matt Ryan. Aaron Rodgers can throw for 300 yards at will, not so easy for Matt. You want to talk about Matt Ryan's success in the 2 min drill? What about throwing a pick to Nate Clements in clutch time and then having the ball stripped from him? They love showing highlights from his 2 min drill drive vs the 49ers but they always seem to edit the part out about him throwing an interception.

Grosshhit
    Grosshhit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

yup this is one of my biggest bets in a long time. Ryan and the Falcons get it done

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post

Atlanta's run D has contained the league's top RBs all year: Steven Jackson, Peyton Hillis, Ray Rice, Cedric Benson, LeShaun McCoy were all non factors in those games. Even Rashad Mendenhall was held for 4 quarters before he ran off that 50 yarder in OT for the Steelers in week 1. If the Falcons have a weakness in their run D, it has yet to be exposed in 2010.
    Who were their quarterbacks?

Sam Bradford = rookie
    Colt Mccoy = rookie
    Joe Flacco = average QB on the road
    Leshaun Mccoy... didn't Philly beat Atlanta?

Weak argument in my opinion.

GoldenRichards
    GoldenRichards's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am with you. It is a nice pointspread for the Falcons at home

Numenor80
    Numenor80's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

I agree. I love ATL here!!

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Who were their quarterbacks?

Sam Bradford = rookie
    Colt Mccoy = rookie
    Joe Flacco = average QB on the road
    Leshaun Mccoy... didn't Philly beat Atlanta?

Weak argument in my opinion.
    Love these arguments:

Brett Farve = fragile, didn't even dress the last two games
    Drew Brees = has been (couldn't beat the Seahawks)
    Tom Brady = couldn't win a home playoff game last season
    Steve Young = couldn't even make it in Tampa
    Babe Ruth = all power but no speed

pokerpro44
    Update your status
    pokerpro44's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1038

i am on the falcons big.gl.

LV420
    LV420's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm going to wait right before kick off maybe get Atlanta pk.

Sniperpicks
    Sniperpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

if Steelers win by 3 or more i am positioned to win a huge roll, i already have some tied to Falcons -1.5. I would do more on ATL after a steelrs win of 3 or more

Auburn was -3, then -2, then -1, then pickum, even saw +1. Will obviously love it if i get these 2 gems in 6 days

Antwon1825
    Antwon1825's Avatar Become A Pro!

LETS GO ATL. They got this

DeluxeLiner

Started out well but is looking terrible at half time. Not pleased with my play, but I am a little shocked that the Packers, who are a public team, are playing well offense/defense. I am relying on Rodgers choking up the second half at this point.

DeluxeLiner

Ouch was so wrong today. The line movement on this game really through me off since I was pretty sure atl minus 1 was sharp. Ahh well.