brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Mike Vick is the Best Player in the NFL

first of all, I will admit that Brady is the best quarterback in the league, but Vick is the best PLAYER in the league

The eagles with Mike Vick in the lineup averages 34 points per game, 440 yards of offense per game and are 8-1 in games that Vick starts and finishes. All of those are best in the league. The team goes from averaging 20 points per game with Kolb to 34 with Vick

furthermore Vick is setting an all time record for yards per game at 340 yards per game with nearly 3 TDs per game as well (just .25 away from Brady's record)

I know Brady is having a great season and he is the efficiency king, but Vick is the most dynamic QB in the history of football. Not is his running devastating to defenses, but it also helps open up the running lanes for LaSean Mccoy (who averages 6+ yards per carry with Vick, compared to 3.7 without Vick)

Furthermore Vick has been incredibly clutch as the eagles are 4-1 with Vick in single possesion games.
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 12-28-10 at 02:52 PM.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why don't people wan't to admit this? They are too busy swinging from Tom Brady's nuts.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Why don't people wan't to admit this? They are too busy swinging from Tom Brady's nuts.
    Mike Vick's current numbers projected over a 16 game season

104 QB rating, 4600 pass yards, 1000 rush yards, 33 pass TDs, 15 rush TDs

that crushes the all time record for TOTAL yards by 500 yards and is only 4 TDs away from the all time record in TDs
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 12-28-10 at 02:49 PM.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post

that crushes the all time record for pass yards by 500 yards and is only 4 TDs away from the all time record in TDs
    Yes. I'm in agreement with you. At this time Michael Vick is the best player in the NFL

jmilacek
    jmilacek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

that crushes the all time record for TOTAL yards by 500 yards and is only 4 TDs away from the all time record in TDs
    The single-season passing yard record is 5,084 yards.

If you're throwing in rushing, then yes, it does break it.

Vick is arguably the best player. Brady may be the better pure quarterback, but I would pick Vick as the best all-around player. Unbelievable that he has the most fantasy points (as a QB!) and has missed 4.25 games (3 games and 3 quarters with injury, 1st half of GB).
    Last edited by jmilacek; 12-28-10 at 03:08 PM.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by jmilacek View Post
    The single-season passing yard record is 5,084 yards. If you're throwing in rushing, then yes, it does break it. But... that's not how records work. Vick is arguably the best player. Brady may be the better pure quarterback, but I would pick Vick as the best all-around player. Unbelievable that he has the most Fantasy points (as a QB!) and has missed 4.25 games (3 games and 3 quarters with injury, 1st half of GB).

it's really a shame Vick got injured this year

the Eagles would have gone 13-3 with Vick in there and he would have set the all time record for most yards in a season

jmilacek
    jmilacek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

it's really a shame Vick got injured this year

the Eagles would have gone 13-3 with Vick in there and he would have set the all time record for most yards in a season
    Agreed.

Unfortunately, it isn't a surprise. His playing style makes him prone to injury. He's only ever played one full season. Additionally, it looks to me like he wears receiver pads (I know he did in Atlanta) and not much of a flak jacket, so that certainly doesn't help.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Vick is definitely the most complete player in the NFL, but I would still take Brady over Vick any day of the week. If Vick can keep this up when it matters (playoffs/against great teams) than that will definitely bolster his reputation. No one knows how he will perform in the playoffs, and Brady has a proven record of keeping his teams in games and rarely losing them games.

If Vick can lead his team to the SB this year, it will be one of the greatest comeback stories ever. I hope he makes it. I would be even happier if Brady kicks his ass in the SB tho

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by jmilacek View Post
    If you're throwing in rushing, then yes, it does break it.
    Rushing yards are considerably harder to come by than passing yards. Also since there's no risk of an incompletion and less risk of a turnover, the yards are worth more from a football standpoint.

The "total TDs" and "total yardage" records are kind of a huge deal and I'm very surprised this is the first I'm hearing about it.

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think arguing which quarterback is better is a waste of time. Both players are on another level right now, and it's not even close. It will obviously be decided by which player takes their team further this year. Eagles vs Patriots would be a dream superbowl.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    Rushing yards are considerably harder to come by than passing yards. Also since there's no risk of an incompletion and less risk of a turnover, the yards are worth more from a football standpoint. The "total TDs" and "total yardage" records are kind of a huge deal and I'm very surprised this is the first I'm hearing about it.
    Vick is the equivalent of a great top 3 passer and a top 10 running back all in the same player

a 104 QB rating and 6.7 yards per carry with about 65 yards rushing per game is absolutely insane

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Vick as shown tonight is not the best player in the nfl son.

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Vick as shown tonight is not the best player in the nfl son.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Vick should have 4 int's tonight. He is also limping because of the hits he is taking. This is the problem with Vick and him running the ball. It always catches up to him and probably will hurt him in the playoffs again. He won't be 100 percent.

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Vick sucks!

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Funny thread.

BrandonBeatsOdds
    BrandonBeatsOdds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Parlay (2 Teams)12/28/10 21:40 ETbet 100.00 to win 243.64 Result: Pending2Vikings(Minnesota)
    2Eagles(Philadelphia) 12/28/10(22:30 ET)
    2Vikings(Minnesota) +10 (-125) 2Vikings(Minnesota)
    2Eagles(Philadelphia) 12/28/10(22:30 ET)
    Over 21

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

change thread title to joe webb please

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Seemed like Vick was the only player that tried....Did you see Deshon Jackson today?? unreal no show

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Vick, the Eagles, and all of Philly can suck on my left nut
    Points Awarded:

gshock1 gave Kindred 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Vick is definitely the most complete player in the NFL, but I would still take Brady over Vick any day of the week. If Vick can keep this up when it matters (playoffs/against great teams) than that will definitely bolster his reputation. No one knows how he will perform in the playoffs, and Brady has a proven record of keeping his teams in games and rarely losing them games. If Vick can lead his team to the SB this year, it will be one of the greatest comeback stories ever. I hope he makes it. I would be even happier if Brady kicks his ass in the SB tho
    i dont think anything is better than kurt warner with the RAMS.
    vick was a pro bowl QB, warner was working in a supermarket playing arena football !!

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    i dont think anything is better than kurt warner with the RAMS.
    vick was a pro bowl QB, warner was working in a supermarket playing arena football !!
    Oh, I agree 100%. Warner has the best comeback story. But Vick going to prison, then coming out and making the Super Bowl would be quite a feat

wquine
    Bet2BLucky
    wquine's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10860

dude costs me every time i back him. self proclaiming MVP is laughable.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by wquine View Post
    dude costs me every time i back him. self proclaiming MVP is laughable.
    so because you lost some money on a spread in the ONE GAME THIS ENTIRE SEASON that vick had a lower than 80 passer rating and now all of a sudden vick is laughable?

lmao at associating you being a degenerate with vick's talent level

bunch of degenerates in this forum lose money and then come back and say that "PLAYER X" sucks.

BetWeather
    BetWeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 143

self proclaiming MVP is laughable.