jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    well clearly cassel isnt as good as brady so his numbers wouldnt be as high. those cassel numbers are amazing for a guy that hasnt played live competition since high school. it clearly indicates the system and coaching is responsible.
    if that were truely the case why did they resign tom brady and not trade him?
    they could have signed cassel for less money since ur so convinced its the "system"
    if its all about the "system" y is cassel leading KC to a division title in only 2 years .... with a different "system"

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

you dont get drafted to the nfl after not playing in college unless you are a pretty good quarterback. you also make the logical error in lumping cassel with every qb that plays in the nfl for three years which i didn't do. my statement was limited to cassel getting better.

its the system and coaching that makes the patriots so great along with brady. no one is saying brady is a bad or even average quarterback, but using cassel is only proof to us non cool aid drinkers that the coaches and system are playing a much larger role in new england than you guys would admit.

to the guy above because brady is a better QB than cassel

jsmithj88

cassel is three years removed from starting for the first time since high school. of course he is going to be better. he was really bad last year and improved with the help of jamal charles when last year they had washed up larry johnson. this is further evidence that cassel was a product of the system and coaching like brady.
    dude, ur not making any sense. cassel was bad because KC was bad. they were awful for years before he arrived. they had a new coach, new management, etc
    cassel is proving he is a solid QB, in 2 years he has won the division.
    y is it that they got destroyed by SD when he was out 1 game?
    y didnt croyle have the same success if its all about the "system" ?

antifoil
    Update your status

no doubt cassel has gotten better, jamal charles is now the RB, and they got new coaches which has equaled success for the chiefs makes perfect sense. it seems you agree with me that cassel is an improved QB or do you not think cassel has improved?

Augustus
    Augustus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Tom Brady replaced D. Bledsoe in 2001 and led the Patriots to win the SB in his first season as a starter. Can Cassel do that?

jsmithj88

no doubt cassel has gotten better, jamal charles is now the RB, and they got new coaches which has equaled success for the chiefs makes perfect sense. it seems you agree with me that cassel is an improved QB or do you not think cassel has improved?
    i dunno wat ur point is here .... cassel having success in KC makes ur point against brady weaker
    wat does jamal charles have to do with this? he has less carries than thomas jones ......

antifoil
    Update your status

carries dont mean anything jamal charles is the better back, every knows he is the better back. the guy is a stud. if you are looking up stats why did you choose carries and not that he has 1300 yards and 6.4 yards a carry? that kind of production takes tremendous pressure off a QB.

cassel's success means he has gotten better along with the other elements i have mentioned unless you think he hasnt gotten better? if cassel was good enough to carry a team than he would have done it last year, like brady is doing this year. which means cassel must have had that kind of success in new england because of the weapons around him, the system and coaching.

i only got involved in this because that one guy was using cassel's numbers as proof that brady was so great which is bad evidence because of the aboved mention. if i said anything about brady not being good i was trolling because brady is an elite QB, but i dont think i said anything like that. i was just that guy using cassel's numbers as some kind of barometer of brady's greatness.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

It's gotta be Joe Cool.

You're in the Super Bowl and could pick any QB, It's gotta be Joe Montana. He is the benchmark that other great QB's are measured by.

Lockitup1x
    Lockitup1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

Aside from stats and system / coaching differences, the main reason that Peyton is always in the conversation with Brady is that he is more ferocious, intense and scrappy. People relate to him more than Giseles boy toy.

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    The greatest QB ever led his team undefeated into the super bowl and lost to the Wild Card Giants..didn't think the greatest ever would choke like that..

Actually I did after they almost choked away their perfect season in the Meadow Lands..Brady is a biatch not the best ever
    You should stop watching football because you clearly don't have a clue.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Steve Young wasn't that shabby.

vboyt
    vboyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Matt ryan will be the next elite QB

First 12