SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Panthers GM responds to Favre to Panthers rumor

Panthers GM responds to Favre to Panthers rumor

If Brett Favre wants to un-retire from football and play for the Carolina Panthers, that's news to Panthers general manager Marty Hurney.

"I don't know where these things come from," Hurney said of an Internet report earlier this week about agent Bus Cook saying Favre, who retired from the Green Bay Packers three months ago, has decided he already wants to return to the game, specifically with Carolina.

Hurney declined any further comment.

Favre has hinted recently that he might be interested in coming out of retirement, if the football bug bites him when training camp starts. The Los Angeles Times, without citing any sources, reported Friday that Favre could resurface with Tampa Bay, Carolina, Chicago or Minnesota.

But Favre also told The (Biloxi, Miss.) Sun Herald, "It's all rumors."
    He'd be a perfect fit for Minnesota for a year or two. They have a pretty good defense, a great running back, they need to step up with WR play although they have a great receiving TE.

I heard a rumor he expressed his desire to return to McCarthy and was told they weren't interested in having him back, and then he said ok well release me and they refused. If he shows up unwanted at training camp they'll be forced to cut him, who knows if it gets that far.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I wish Favre would be a man and just say what he wants. He's being a complete asshole, playing these games. "It's all rumors." is a slap in the face of the Packers franchise. If Favre really felt strongly about staying retired, he should make statements to that effect rather than making cat and mouse statements like this.

Favre isn't going to Minnesota. Favre isn't going anywhere else inside the division.

The next move right now is Favre needs to make a statement to the league that he intends to unretire, which is his right. Until that happens, "It's all rumors.".

Jetsfan
    Update your status
    Jetsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10090

He's had a fine career, but should stay retired.

Curse Fire
    SBR COWBOYS!!!
    Curse Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!

It dont matter none cause the Boys are taken it all in
    2008 baby!!!

Go Juice Go!!!

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Curse Fire View Post
    It dont matter none cause the Boys are taken it all in
    2008 baby!!!

Go Juice Go!!!
    I think Pats and Cowboys are headed for a showdown Super Bowl Sunday, both probably worth a unit or whatever. A longshot worth a good look is Cleveland, but realistically they're still probably a year or two away from making a big run at it, although I like them to at least make the playoffs.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    I think Pats and Cowboys are headed for a showdown Super Bowl Sunday, both probably worth a unit or whatever. A longshot worth a good look is Cleveland, but realistically they're still probably a year or two away from making a big run at it, although I like them to at least make the playoffs.
    Pats, yes. Cowboys? Can they win ONE playoff game first?! They were supposed to do it LAST year!

As for Browns, can they beat Pitts for the division? Because I have Jax & Buff as my wildcard teams.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Silly to make predictions now because of the injury factor. If a guy like Romo got hurt Dallas would finish 4-12.

SBR Lou

Update

Team mum on Favre situation

Several days after ESPN.com broke the story that Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre wanted to reverse his March 4 decision to retire; the issue remained relatively silent Monday, at least from the team’s perspective.

General manager Ted Thompson was not in the office and has not returned messages seeking comment.

Also, Favre has not yet publicly stated that he wants to return for an 18th season in the NFL.

However, WTMJ-TV in Milwaukee reported Monday that Favre sent a text message to Thompson on Saturday. The station reported that Thompson’s reply to Favre was that he was on vacation, and the two would have to talk later.

Furthermore, Sports Illustrated football writer Peter King reported on SI.com Monday that Thompson has ignored the phone calls from Favre’s agent, James “Bus” Cook and that the team has sent an intermediary down to talk to Favre in Mississippi. The article also states it was likely that Cook would request that Favre be taken off the NFL’s reserve/retired list within the next 10 days.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Silly to make predictions now because of the injury factor. If a guy like Romo got hurt Dallas would finish 4-12.
    Brad Johnson has a ring as a starting QB, so I wouldn't exactly call him chopped liver even though he's 39. If Johnson has to go the full season, I'd pencil him in for at least 9 or 10 wins and a wildcard birth. Hell, I like Johnson better than Romo as a starter in the playoffs, at least he knows how to win games!

There's no way the Cowboys go 4-12 even with Marion Barber at QB. This team is too stacked and their young players from the last several drafts are poised to peak in 2008. Watch out for those Cowboys. I see them as similar to last year's Chargers, who could've won it all if not for those playoff injuries to LT and Rivers.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Favre not going to help any team now

He played over his head last year

hackattack
    hackattack's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am so sick of this guy. He has cost me more money than I care to mention.
    What's the matter Brett...NFL Today not hiring?